Title: WaterCredit Officer
Reports to: WaterCredit Senior Program Manager
Deadline for Applications: January 3, 2017
660 million people – about one in ten – lack access to safe water. More than twice that many, 2.4 billion people, don’t have access to a toilet. These are the people Water.org serves. We are a global non‐profit based in Kansas City, Missouri working to ensure safe water and sanitation for all. We go beyond traditional approaches to safe water and sanitation, focusing on addressing the underlying causes of this global crisis and innovating to deliver large‐scale and sustainable change. Co‐founded by Gary White and Matt Damon in 2009, Water.org has impacted more than 3 million lives and transformed thousands of communities in Africa, South Asia, and Latin America.
Water.org launched operations in Indonesia in early 2014 and seeks to build relationships with a broad range of financial institutions (microfinance institutions, commercial banks, BPRs, cooperatives) and water/sanitation service providers.
Water.org seeks a highly skilled and highly motivated WaterCredit Officer to support its growing portfolio of WASH microfinance programs in Indonesia. This full-time position will be based in Jakarta with regular travel throughout Indonesia.
The WaterCredit Officer is responsible for monitoring and supporting Water.org partner financial institutions in the launch of water and sanitation financial products. This position acts as a subject matter resource to partners in topics such as program design and implementation, WaterCredit, microfinance, and/or WASH. This position is also responsible for assisting with identifying new partners, onboarding new partners, assisting partners with the design and startup of new programs, supporting the ongoing implementation of partner programs, trouble-shooting, and program monitoring.
Additionally, this position may be responsible for assisting with the development and establishment of new programmatic and operational procedures, systems and guidelines. This position reports to the WaterCredit Senior Program Manager and works closely with Program Managers at the Water.org head office in the US.
Program Design and Development – Support the design of new WaterCredit programs. Key tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Work with partners to determine appropriate program targets and deliverables.
- Assist partners in the design of their program work plan and budget ensuring they are allocating adequate resources and personnel for successful completion of deliverables.
- Assist partners in designing appropriate internal monitoring and evaluation protocols.
Program Management and Partner Capacity Building – Manage WaterCredit programs in partnership with Indonesia and U.S.-based staff. Key tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain relationships with partners and establish regular communication regarding program implementation activities.
- Work closely with partners to ensure timely program implementation according to the budget and work plan.
- Support partners to complete core program activities:
- Deliver water and sanitation financing to households.
- Deliver trainings about health and hygiene to low income.
- Collaborate with WASH suppliers such as toilet masons, CBOs and PDAMs.
- Provide support to partners by sharing best practices and assisting with problem solving.
- Establish a regular schedule for monitoring partner program in accordance with Water.org guidelines, and conduct monitoring visits and reports according to schedule.
- Maintain regular contact with Water.org US program managers to submit partner reports, inform about partner progress and report any issues impacting achievement of program deliverables.
- Assist partners to identify sources of loan capital for WASH loan portfolios.
- Develop and deliver training modules for partner staff and households on topics such as WASH principles, health and hygiene.
- Support partner exchange visits to Water.org partners in other countries. Act as a regular liaison between Water.org, partner financial institutions and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate with local governments, NGOs, donors, community groups, and other stakeholders.
Program Monitoring and Data Management – Collect, verify and manage data to track program performance. Key tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain regular communications with partners; track and report information related program implementation including partner activities, expenditures and loan portfolio.
- Ensure partner submission of high quality program reporting, and effective transfer of information to Water.org databases, U.S.-based colleagues, and donors.
- Verify data submitted by partners is accurate during program monitoring visits.
- Maintain regular contact with Water.org USA program managers to submit partner reports, inform about partner progress and report any issues impacting achievement of program deliverables.
- Develop partner stories or beneficiary profiles.
Water.org Organizational Support – Participate in assisting with the development of new tools and processes, membership on cross-functional committees as requested, and/or participation at internal or external conferences or workshops. Key tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in cross-functional committees and working groups to support the achievement of group goals.
- Assist in the development of new tools, processes and/or procedures.
- Serve as a knowledge base for Water.org and represent Water.org at events and in written publications to advance the organizational mission and vision.
New Business Development – Conduct outreach among financial institutions, non-governmental organizations, product manufacturers, utilities and other related organizations regarding the potential for adoption of WaterCredit. Participate in certification of new partner organizations for the implementation of WaterCredit programs. Key tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Landscape and assist with identification of additional stakeholders for potential collaboration.
- Participate in the certification of new partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- At least five years of relevant experience with microfinance institution, water and sanitation organization, engineering firm, international development organization, or related.
- Candidates must possess one or both of the following competencies:
- Demonstrated understanding of and familiarity with development finance models and approaches, including (but not limited to) SME lending and/or microfinance, financial services, cooperative development, lending methodologies and sector trends.
- Demonstrated understanding of and familiarity with urban and rural water supply, sanitation and hygiene approaches and sector trends.
- Demonstrated proficiency in partnership and capacity building.
- Project management experience.
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office products and database software.
- Excellent verbal and written communications in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Proven track record proactively identifying challenges and developing innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results working in a small team.
- Critical thinking, creativity, good judgment, initiative, attention to detail, and professionalism.
- Strong desire to contribute to increased access to water and sanitation.
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of time.
This is a two year contract position with strong potential for extension and competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates may send a copy of their CV and a cover letter indicating their interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that the candidate who already sent the application for this position during the previous job announcement is not eligible to apply.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Please do not attempt to contact Water.org about the status of your application.
Water.org is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ethnicity, gender, nationality, religious belief or sexual orientation.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.