Indonesia Inclusive Workforce Development Partnerships (IWDP) Initiative
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining excellence in technical and operational project management and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transitioning countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change.
The Indonesia Inclusive Workforce Development Partnerships (IWDP) Initiative is a five-year, $22.8 million, USAID-funded program that will promote more inclusive economic growth by improving access to workforce and entrepreneurial skills for poor and vulnerable youth. The IWDP team will provide USAID project implementers and workforce stakeholders with technical support, connections, and platforms to help build a more robust and responsive workforce development ecosystem. In addition to management support, capacity building, and coordination, DAI’s technical assistance will include identifying, piloting, and scaling new workforce development approaches and innovations. The ultimate goal of USAID’s inclusive workforce development work is to connect 200,000 poor and vulnerable young Indonesians with learning and livelihood opportunities.
Objectives and Duties:
The Finance Assistant will support the Finance & Administrative Manager and Accountant in all steps of the IWDP financial process He/She will be responsible for recording costs and day to day general accounting, accounts receivable/payable, payroll, risk management, assuring all backup documentation is audit ready, and troubleshooting accounting issues. This position covers for the Accountant in his/her absence. This position reports directly to the Finance and Admin Manager. The Finance Assistant may perform other related duties as assigned.
- Monitors and submits advance, commitment, and grant reports as applicable
- Supports the reporting of expenses by regional offices (if applicable)
- Monitors and reports on partner/vendor payment schedules and obligations
- Assists in preparing information for any contractual financial reporting requirements (if applicable)
- Supports preparation of internal and external audits
- Conducts daily reviews of backup documentation to ensure completeness, accuracy, and full compliance with DAI’s regulations
- Supports regular spot audits on project’s files.
- Ensures backup documentation is uploaded to relevant system according to set deadlines
Policies & Procedures
- Ensures that accounting policies and practices are carried out in accordance with GAAP standards; project internal controls are established and implemented in accordance with DAI policies, USAID rules/regulations and the terms of the contract.
General Accounting/Financial Management
- Verifies vendor invoices for accuracy
- Verifies accuracy of expenses, and project accounting codes
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of invoices, advances and reimbursements, checks, and wire transfer payments
- Ensures request for payments have appropriate approvals
- Responsible for recording and assigning costs based on approved budget in field accounting system (FAS)
- Compiles backup documentation for all project related transactions, and ensures completeness and appropriate review and approvals are documented
- If applicable, ensures petty cash is maintained according to maximum petty cash policy, and that all petty cash procedures are followed
- Responsible for maintaining file management systems for soft and hard copy documentation
- Supports periodic cash counts
Travel Advances & Reimbursements
- Audits travel requests and expense reports for accuracy and compliance
- Follows procedures to ensure accurate and timely payment and reconciliation of travel advances, reimbursements for staff and partner travel
- Reviews and monitors outstanding advances report by paying close attention to advances that have not been settled after 30 days of issuance.
- Uses field accounting system (FAS), cloud software for backup documentation, and DAI’s operations system (TAMIS), etc. regularly
- Scans and uploads voucher files to DAI’s System for the Electronic Archival of Financial Documentation - BOX
- B.A. Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent. Advanced degree MBA, CPA or equivalent preferred.
- 1+ years of relevant experience and progressive responsibility in finance and accounting, office administration, project operations at the mid-level of an organization
- Minimum 1 year experience managing USAID funded projects
- Accuracy in working with large amounts of data
- Ability to respond effectively to the time sensitive inquiries
- Experience with enterprise accounting software, and Microsoft office suite
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and appropriate professional image
- An extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus
- Fluency in English is required
BASE OF OPERATIONS:
- Jakarta, Indonesia
- The Finance Assistant will report to the Finance and Administration Manager.
Interested applicants are invited to send their CV to IWDP_Recruitment@DAI.com. Please send applications as soon as possible, latest by 3 February. Applicants are instructed to write “Finance Assistant Application – NAME” as the Subject line of their email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.