ISLAMIC RELIEF PURPOSE: To promote sustainable economic and social development through development programmes, helping the needy regardless of race, religion or gender.
COUNTRY PURPOSE: IR Indonesia was established in the year 2003 with one project office catering for development activities in Banten province. In 2004, in response to the devastating Tsunami, IR expanded programme coverage to Aceh province to provide humanitarian relief, early recovery and developmental support to the tsunami survivors. It was about this time when programme activities were also expanded to West Java, NTB and later in West Sumatra and Jogjakarta provinces. However, presently IR maintains a Country Office in Jakarta with field programme in Aceh and NTB provinces. The main sectors for Indonesia Programme includes Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), WASH, Sustainable Livelihoods and Orphans’ Support.
REPORTING LINES: Post holder would directly report to the Area Coordinator in NTB under the overall guidance and supervision of the Country Director.
In the implementation of the livelihood project intervention in Lombok - NTB, Islamic Relief Indonesia wishes to recruit a competent Livelihoods Specialist with demonstrated competencies in enterprise development, livelihood training and other capacity building for beneficiaries in value addition to product development and marketing ofproject products. The position will be based in Mataram with frequent travel to the project sites around NTB province.
Islamic Relief is convinced that profitability can be significantly increased by enhancing our beneficiaries’’ involvement in the value-chain. The upcoming intervention seeks to enhance profitability of supported groups through training, capacity building and provision of inputs for the formulation and implementation of business expansion plans within the community. With this background, IR seeks an innovative, highly motivated, dynamic and experienced individual for the delivery of project activities and for achieving the objective of enhanced profitability for supported traditional weaving and hydroponic groups.
- Assessing the feasibility of the of livelihood implementation projects in Islamic Relief
- Guiding the formulation and implementation of business plans,
- Assuming a lead role in conducting market research and assessment studies,
- Designing and delivering specific project trainings on business and enterprise development and marketing;
- Designing and coordinating different technical assistance in traditional weaving and hydroponic production, product development, and marketing
- Developing various livelihood activity framework (TOR) and recruiting the technical assistance team as per need
- Exploring opportunities for linking supported beneficiary groups with key market players on the demand side (i.e. distributor, chain of hotels, medium and large restaurant, retailers, etc.);
- Preparing and facilitating the beneficiary to national exhibition for their product promotion and marketing
- Supervising and guiding the Livelihood staff and being part of enthusiastic high performing team
- Ensure that supported and targeted groups develop and maintain recommended standards at all of traditional weaving stages, stages of hydroponic production i.e. planting, harvesting, post-harvest management, value addition and marketing;
- Provide on-going management and technical assistance to beneficiaries in livelihood project through structured trainings and follow up mentoring
- Preparing livelihood project reports including developing case studies, photos, and video of the livelihood projects
- Taking part meaningfully in promoting and developing syaria cooperatives
- Frequently monitoring project activities and targeted groups and collect quantitative and qualitative data on beneficiaries, market trends and project impact;
- Building and managing meaningful relations with local stakeholders, such as the heads of villages, religious leaders, women’s groups, local NGOs and specific government agencies to ensure their active participation and contribution in the project;
- Implementation of compliant and feedback mechanism;
- Any other tasks assigned by the management relevant to the projects
- A university degree or other suitable qualification in a related field
- At least 4 years’ experience coupled with demonstrated knowledge of sustainable livelihoods, women economic empowerment, community development and enterprise development.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated competencies in designing and imparting trainings in business development and marketing;
- Excellent report writing skills, and advanced computer skills with proficiencies in MS Office, Windows,Internet and Email
- Ability to provide leadership as well as the spirit of work as a member of a team
- High degree of adaptability to varied working environtments and good interpersonal skills
- Able to maintain good relationship with government agencies/institutions at all levels, Non-Government Organizations (NGOs), and Civil Society Organizations (CSOs)
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring, data gathering and report generation
- Fluent spoken and written Indonesian is a must while proficiency in English language is highly desired;
- Sincere commitment to engaging women and involving gender considerations into project planning required
- Islamic Relief is an equal opportunity employer and all recruitments are processed without any prejudice due to color, race, religion or gender. However, the successful candidate must understand and respect the Organization’s core values and adopt follow necessary guidelines for interaction with beneficiaries; particularly women and children
- Local person will be highly preferred.
Islamic Relief is a faith based-non government organization that respects diversity and inclusiveness. Applicants from diverse religions, gender, race, and physical impairment are encouraged to apply.
- All Islamic Relief team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field project
- Please send only your application letter and CV to the email address: email@example.com
- Applications submit directly to Islamic Relief Indonesia Office will not be considered. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- The deadline for submitting applications is: 27 January 2017
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.