Job Opening Jhpiego Indonesia January 2017
Jhpiego, an international non-profit health organization affiliate of the Johns Hopkins University, builds global and local partnerships to enhance the quality of health care services for women and families around the world. Jhpiego is a global leader in the creation of innovative approaches to develop human resources for better health service. We are currently seeking qualified and experienced candidates for the positions mentioned:
Technical Director who will provide technical leadership and oversight for maternal and newborn health (MNH) activities under an anticipated five-year USAID- funded project in Indonesia. This position will ensure the technical and methodological soundness of proposed local solutions, work closely with the monitoring/evaluation team to interpret and apply data, and manage the provision of technical assistance to the developers of local solutions across the project. The successful candidate will also tap into existing public and private sector networks to increase public and private sector engagement in maternal and newborn health.
This position is contingent upon funding.
- Provide technical oversight, strategic direction and support for local solutions across 6 technical areas in 10 provinces. Technical areas include improving quality of care, improving referral systems, strengthening local governance, identifying the poor and most vulnerable, ensuring financial protection for mothers and newborns, and strengthening data generation and utilization.
- Review proposals from potential subgrantees to ensure technical feasibility and scalability.
- Identify technical and management needs of local subgrantees and oversee the deployment of the appropriate assistance in a timely manner
- Use knowledge of best practices in MNH, health systems strengthening, and data use to build the capacity of the Ministry of Health
- Work with M&E staff to design and implement a plan to track data/results related to project outcomes.
- Ensure integration across technical areas and with cross cutting approaches such as gender, equity and rights based approaches to health
- Work closely with the Chief of Party and other key staff to provide technical insight, contribute to work planning, project reporting and provide oversight of implementation activities
- Provide effective guidance and oversight to technical team members, short-term consultants and consortium partners on interventions across the 6 technical focus areas.
- Write and/or review technical components of materials and publications related to the program and its development
- Actively participate in MNH Technical Advisory Group Meetings, and represent Jhpiego in professional fora by participating and presenting in pertinent meetings and conferences, as well as technical working groups
- Conduct regular reporting to the Chief of Party, and project staff, on successes, challenges and lessons learned
- Manage technical contributions of subcontractors, including providing scopes of work
- Maintain excellent relationships with USAID and in-country stakeholders
- A minimum of 15 years professional experience, including working within the health sector in Indonesia
- In-depth skills and knowledge such as quality of care, referral systems, local governance, financial protection, reaching the poor and vulnerable, and evidence utilization; experience in maternal and newborn health preferred
- Strong understanding of gaps and opportunities to improve maternal and newborn health in Indonesia
- Experience working with both government and private sector, including extensive networks within government and private sector
- Experience fostering collaborative partnerships and linkages with stakeholder groups from both public and private sectors
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to resolve work issues with senior country counterparts, donor representatives, and senior-level staff
- Fluent in written and spoken Bahasa and English
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.