Request for Proposal: WASH Training Module Development Consultant
Deadline for Applications: January 27, 2017
Water.org, a U.S.-based non-governmental organization working to increase access to water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH). Water.org has been in operation since 1990, implementing sustainable and scalable water and sanitation programs in conjunction with local NGOs and financial institutions. Water.org has pioneered its WaterCredit initiative over the last several years, which works by building the capacity of carefully selected local financial institutions to offer affordable financing for water and sanitation facilities. WaterCredit programs support financial institutions through a combination of financial assistance and technical support. Since 2003, Water.org has implemented WaterCredit programs with 66 partner financial institutions, facilitating 938,000 water and sanitation loans totaling over $176 million.
Water.org launched operations in Indonesia in early 2014 and provides financial and technical assistance to microfinance institutions (MFIs) to launch and scale water and sanitation loan products. Water.org partner MFIs design, pilot and launch loan products for financing the construction of household-level water/sanitation facilities such as toilets, septic tanks, wells, and piped water connections.
The consultant needs to be a highly-resourceful individual, with strong emotional intelligence, self-motivation and visual, writing/ editing, communication and research and analytical skills.
The WASH Training Module Development Consultant will work with Water.org team to perform the following tasks:
Development of Training Curriculum
- Collaborate with Water.org and partner teams to understand learning needs
- Design and produce a suite of training modules addressing a variety of WASH, microfinance and project management topics, including but not limited to: WASH Facilities Technical, Engagement with WASH Service Providers, and Mason Training
- If needed, work with other subject matter experts/consultants to develop training plans that address identified knowledge and skills gaps
Capacity Building Activities
- Train Partner and Water.org program staff in the effective use of developed training modules (Training of Trainers sessions)
- Facilitate additional capacity development training sessions or small-group events for partners across multiple locations across Java
- University degree in International Development Studies, Communications, Finance, Training or other relevant field, preferably postgraduate level
- Five years of relevant professional experience in designing and delivering behavioral and technical training programs
- Understanding of international development, with prior experience in the micro-finance and/or water and sanitation sector, will be preferred.
- Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English required
- Project management experience and entrepreneurial mindset
Skills and Competencies
- Customer Focus : Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Nimble Learning : Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning
- Driving Results : Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, design software
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment, work effectively and efficiently execute multiple tasks and balance competing priorities
Please note that the consulting offer made to the selected candidate shall be commensurate with qualifications and experience. This engagement is expected to complete in 3 months upon deliverables, with possibility of no cost extension. This position does not offer full-time benefits. The Consultant shall be responsible for payment of all taxes.
Interested candidates may submit a proposal, including estimated budget, to: firstname.lastname@example.org dan email@example.com
Please note “WASH Training Module Development Consultant” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please do not attempt to contact Water.org about the status of your application.
Water.org is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ethnicity, gender,nationality, religious belief or sexual orientation.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.