Swisscontact, the Swiss non-profit organisation engaged in co-operation for private sector development, will implement the Regional Tourism Development Program – WISATA Phase II as part of the Indonesian Swiss Development Cooperation. The program aims at increasing competitiveness of selected tourism destination in order to create income and job opportunities for the local population in the tourism sector.
For program activities in Central Kalimantan Swisscontact is looking for enthusiastic and independent professionals in the following field of expertise: Field Office Manager for Tanjung Puting.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing the program field office in Pangkalan Bun, Central Kalimantan incl. leading a team of local professionals, administration and accounting, human resources, internal and external communication;
- Overall responsible for the implementation of program activities to strengthen the competitiveness of the tourism destination Tanjung Puting; incl. support local tourism organizations and businesses to improve their service quality and linking them to the tourism market, coaching local communities to introduce Community based Tourism and develop local products as well as cooperate with the local Government in planning.
- In close cooperation with the Component Manager Education and Training to assist the selected SMK to improve its Tourism Training for students to meet industrial needs;
- Support the Program Manager to identify lessons learnt from the program to share it with the Ministry of Tourism and its partners
- Team player and leader with strong communicational, interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Good command of written and spoken English, excellent computer skills (MS office);
- Minimum of three years working in the same field. Especially experience in tourism/hospitality sector;
- Working experience within a development organization/NGO or similar experience preferred;
- University degree in relevant field of study (those lacking the stated educational requirements but having an excellent track record are encouraged to apply);
- Interest in development work and eco-tourism;
- Excellent work ethic, self-starter and flexibility in schedule, strong interpersonal skills, pro-active, independent, assertiveness;
- Background experiences dealing with small-medium enterprises as well as community involvement;
- Practical experiences with project planning, implementation and monitoring
- Preferred applicants from the local area (Central Kalimantan);
- Willing to relocate to Pangkalan Bun, Central Kalimantan for selected applicants who are not residing in Central Kalimantan.
We can offer you an exciting, fast-paced working environment, a culture of mutual respect and the opportunity to play a vital role in the project. If you are interested in joining our team where your talent will impact the project outcomes, please apply by 7 January 2017, to email@example.com - Please indicate place and position in the email’s subject.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.