Position Title: Grants and Contract Director
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Job Type and duration of contract: Full-Time, 1 year contract period
Closing Date: January 27, 2017
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The Asia Foundation seeks experienced candidates for Grants and Contract Director position. The Grants and Contract Director is primarily responsible for maintaining effective and well-functioning sub-award (grant and contract) administration systems and ensuring sub-recipients’ compliance to TAF and donors’ policies and procedures. As a Senior Manager in the Indonesia office, the Director for Grants and Contracts leads the Grants and Contracts Unit, supervising all Unit staff. The Director for Grants and Contracts will manage the Unit to work effectively with local partners and other Units, oversee systems to monitor and analyze performance, and lead capacity building activities for partners and Foundation staff. The Director will also be responsible for management of all financial audits. The candidate should be a team player and a problem solver.
Supervise sub-award (grant and contract) administration.
The Director will lead and oversee the Grants and Contracts Unit in developing, monitoring and closing out sub-awards with local partners. The director will also oversee the due diligence of prospective partners, including site visits, and assessments of organizational documents and partners' financial capacity and capability to manage funds. The Director will oversee the Unit's review of sub-recipients' proposed budgets, assessment of sub-recipients' risk ratings, conduct of sub-recipient audits, and evaluation of internal control systems.
Effectively manage Grants and Contract Unit
Analyze and suggest modifications in job responsibilities and/or processes within the Unit to produce clearer responsibilities, efficient work flow, better workload balance and coordination, and improved information management. Provide coordination, orientation, training, and supervision to the Unit to increase their capacity for decision making and problem-solving. Lead Unit in answering any crucial queries from partners, donors, program colleagues, head office, and auditors. Build strong relationship with Finance and Program Units for better coordination with partners.
Improve System to monitor and analyze partners’ performance and improve procedures.
Review and improve the existing system to monitor existing partners and evaluate new partners. Regularly report the results to the Foundation's program directors and senior management to support effective decision-making and promote strong financial controls.
Improve and facilitate capacity building for partners.
Facilitate the development and implementation of training programs for partners to improve financial management and reporting. Lead partner capacity building that includes quality reporting, strong supporting documentation, and fraud awareness and prevention.
- Minimum six years of progressively responsible experience in donor-funded grant and contract administration, sub-recipient monitoring, and audit (with an emphasis on budgeting, accounting and financial reporting by partner organizations).
- At least four years of direct management experience supervising staff, monitoring performance, and demonstrating team-building skills.
- Experience with grant-related audits that meet international standards.
- Experience building financial management capacity of small to medium sized NGOs; training qualifications and hands-on experience are preferred.
- Fluent Bahasa Indonesia and English, both written and spoken, are required.
- Minimum four-year (Bachelor’s) degree finance-related subject or in management/public administration from a recognized University. Candidates without a finance-related degree must have demonstrated capacity in grants and contract management, accounting, or financial reporting through their professional history. Advanced degree preferred
Please send your application letter and CV to The Asia Foundation by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 27, 2017. Please write “Grants and Contract Director” on the Subject of the e-mail. The Asia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.