Partnerships Director - Indonesia
Do you get excited by the notion of working for a young, rapidly growing organization? Do you hate bureaucracy, love flexibility, and enjoy creating systems and infrastructure? ThinkWell offers a flexible environment and strives to provide creative space for our team members.
ThinkWell is an emerging health systems organization, which provides strategic guidance and information to clients striving to achieve Universal Health Coverage (UHC) in low- and middle-income countries. Our experience transcends the traditional public health approach. ThinkWell fundamentally believes that bringing private providers, industry, civil society and public sector to the same table is essential for achieving optimal health outcomes. While our core area of work is health financing, we apply a holistic health systems approach in our work. We currently have offices in Washington, DC, Geneva, and Maputo.
Purpose of position
The Private Sector Lead is a full-time position that will provide strategic direction for brokering co-investment opportunities for maternal and newborn health in Indonesia. The Private Sector Lead will coordinate and leverage opportunities with civil society and public sector catalysts.
Reports to: Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) of an upcoming award
Duration: 2 years, renewable
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
- Work closely with the DCOP (Technical) to catalyze private investment into the maternal and newborn health space.
- Network with private companies and private investors to identify those with an interest to invest in Indonesia’s health sector.
- Idenity and coordinate specialized Technical Assistance (such as capacity building, regulatory and legal compliance, public-private partnerships, etc.) to facilitate private sector engagement in health.
- Assist USAID in developing a maternal and newborn health-focused convening platform for private investors.
- Assess private investors’ perceived risks to investing in maternal and newborn health and identify co-investment arrangements which could reduce these risks and catalyze investment.
- Actively source investment deals that could contribute to improving maternal and newborn health in Indonesia.
- Broker co-investment deals for maternal and newborn health.
- Act as a liaison between the private investors and USAID.
- Oversee the due diligence process of investment opportunities.
- Manage a team of investment coordinators and public health specialists.
Develop and manage relationships with private sector collaborators at all levels
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics, or related field; Master’s degree preferred;
- At least 8 years of experience working within the private sector, with demonstrated experience in executing/supervising private investments, successful negotiation and an increasing responsibility for staff;
- Experience engaging a wide variety of stakeholders including donors, government, private sector companies, and financial institutions;
- Strong network with private sector executives and investors in Indonesia;
- Knowledge of the investment landscape in Indonesia;
- Demonstrated superior management and supervisory skills in executing private investment deals, with ability to adapt to changing needs;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow-up expertise necessary;
- Willingness to travel extensively throughout Indonesia;
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia required;
The upcoming award will be a 5 year USAID funded activity in response to the Maternal and Neonatal Health (MNH) needs in Indonesia. The program will facilitate an open innovation and partnership process, engaging a full range of stakeholders from government to private sector, civil society organizations (CSOs), and academic institutions. This process will seek to define and prioritize MNH issues in Indonesia based on available evidence, and catalyze the most promising solutions. The most promising solutions will be developed, implemented, and evaluated through strategic technical assistance and/or funding, as well as monitoring and evaluation support.
Please submit a resume/CV and Cover Letter stating the following:
- Your Interest and experience that make you suitable for this position;
- Your experience as a leader of operations;
- Your approach to team building;
- Notice period from current employer;
- Possible start date;
- Compensation expectations
Closing Date: 22 January 2017
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.