Location:Pekanbaru, Riau, Indonesia
Position Type:Limited term full-time (with an end date)
About WRI Indonesia
WRI Indonesia is national entity (Yayasan) associated with the World Resources Institute (WRI), a global environmental research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. WRI work with various stakeholders in the natural resources sector to support policy and management that are both profitable and sustainable. WRI work with leaders in more than 50 countries for more than 30 years, with offices in Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, and the United States.
Launched in early 2014, WRI Indonesia builds on WRI’s 10-year history in the country, and strengthens our impact on the ground. In the short-to-medium term, WRI Indonesia aims to expand its presence and portfolio to include projects in the climate, energy, as well as city and transportation programs.
The overall objective of the One Map Initiative is to transform land use decision-making processes to be open, accountable, and participatory. WRI Indonesia will achieve this through catalyzing a unified and transparent land use planning and monitoring system that is accessible to all land use stakeholders. Through partnership with local governments, civil societies and the private sectors, WRI Indonesia will develop a model of engagement that can be used to scale this approach into a National One Map Initiative. The work will span five years, focusing on Riau, South Sumatra, and Papua provinces. Other project portfolio in Riau include, but not limited to, Land Use Accountability (LUA), Peatland Mapping and Restoration, and Forest Law Enforcement, Government, and Trade (FLEG-T).
The Riau GIS Analyst will be based in Pekanbaru and responsible for the overall GIS support of WRI project portfolio in the region, particularly in Riau province and its priority districts. Reporting to the Riau Manager of WRI Indonesia, he/she will coordinate with the GIS team and other key personnel of the projects. He/she will provide GIS development, analytical, and capacity building support to achieve the intended targeted impact on National One Map Initiative and other projects in WRI portfolio. He/she will liaise closely with the partners implementing similar programs as well as relevant agencies of the Government, local authorities, and civil society.
The Riau GIS Analyst’s main areas of responsibility will include the following:
GIS Database and Platform Development (40%)
- Develop and improve the consolidated geospatial data and the geospatial database system for Riau One Map.
- Support the integration of cross-jurisdictional geospatial data management.
- Support the development of Riau One Map Platform visualization, analysis, synchronization and conflict resolution.
GIS Analysis and Report Development (30%)
- Organizing and analyzing spatial data related to land use management and thematic maps in One Map Policy.
- Generate report over the spatial database development and spatial information analysis
- Analyzing consolidated geospatial data as baseline to produce Gap Typology Report and “State of Data” Report.
- Provide technical assistance regarding GIS and cartography to Riau One Map Project Coordinator and Riau One Map Regional Manager.
- Support the development of the Sub-national Spatial Data Network in Riau province.
- Facilitate and provide GIS technical capacity building efforts to partners and stakeholders, including training, analysis service, and collaboration.
- Facilitate and support participatory mapping and field survey activities with partners and stakeholders, including data gathering, field monitoring, and coordination.
- Legally able to work in Indonesia
- Bachelor’s degree in geography, environmental science, natural resource management, forestry, GIS or a related field required;
- Proficiency in processing spatial data using GIS software (e.g., ArcGIS) and remote sensing technologies
- Minimum two years of full-time work experience in a relevant field, with geospatial analysis, survey/cartography, database management, and GIS programming.
- Direct hands-on experience in GIS database and platform development.
- Strong inter-personal skills, working with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- High attention to details, well organized, and strong analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and as a team player.
- Ability to travel when needed.
- Master’s degree in geography, environmental science, natural resource management, forestry, GIS or a related field required;
- Experience in land use planning, forest management or wildlife conservation.
- Familiarity with participatory mapping and field surveying activities.
- Proficiency in graphics software (e.g., Adobe Illustrator) with an ability to produce high quality maps for publication;
- Experience in writing reviews or reports
- Familiarity with One Map Policy in the national and local level.
- Professional fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- GIS development, analysis, and capacity building activities are expected to be carried out timely and satisfactory with minor supervision.
- Must be capable of setting priorities and working under pressure.
- Must be able to multi-task and planning several events simultaneously.
- Ability to work well with internal and external participants is essential.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is imperative.
Closing Date: 06 February 2017
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.