The Zoological Society of London is an international wildlife conservation organization with a focus on science-based and pragmatic solutions. ZSL has been active in Indonesia for about 10 years, with a particular focus on the overlap between industrial development and biodiversity conservation. ZSL Indonesia is based in Bogor, West Java, with existing field projects in Jambi and South Sumatera.
We are now looking for: Government Liaison National
Terms and Condition
Start Date : March, 2017
Duration of Contract : One year fix- term Contract, with potential to extend
Work Area : The Government Liaison (National) will be based in Palembang.
Hours of Work : Monday to Friday from 09.00 am up to 05.00 pm
Reporting to : Government and Institution Manager
Key Purpose of the Job
This position oversees the UKCCU/NICFI Project in South Sumatra.
The UKCCU/NICFI Project works with the Government of South Sumatra, national and district level governments, communities and the private sector to facilitate and support the government, private sector and local communities, to establish and pilot the sustainable landscape management partnership approach in the Sembilang - Dangku landscape of South Sumatra. The proposed impact of this project is to achieve “Inclusive economic growth and community prosperity, biodiversity conservation, forest protection and restoration, and the ending of deforestation, peatland drainage and wildfires that reduces land-based GHG emissions”.
The Government Liaison (National) will be based in Palembang.
- The Government Liaison (National) will report directly to the Governance & Institution Manager, and indirectly to Sumsel Project Deputy Director.
- S/he has no downward management responsibility
The post-holder will ensure that operations in Palembang is in compliance with ZSL and the contractual agreement with the UK government.
The job requires continued professional internal and external interaction/ communications, both in person and via phone and email
The position will require close attention to detail and therefore concentration on the work in hand – precision and accuracy being vital attributes.
The position will be relatively routine in terms of day-to-day tasks during office hours – however sometimes e.g. during field trips or when a workshop is being organized the next day, some flexibility in working hours may be required.
This post is office based in ZSL’s office in Palembang, South Sumatera. However, travel to field sites and other ZSL offices will be required.
Expectations of Job Holder
- To ensure that the policy for equality of opportunity is adhered to and promoted in all aspects of the post holder’s work.
- To ensure effective quality control and continuous improvement in all aspects of the work and responsibilities attached to this post.
- Demonstrate professionalism towards sensitive and confidential information.
- To comply with and promote Health and Safety policies and procedures and to undertake recommended Health and Safety training as and when necessary.
- To be committed to professional self-development, through participation in in-service training as necessary for the successful carrying out of the job.
- To undertake such other duties as are commensurate with the grade of the post.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum Master Degree in public policy, communications, international relations or related field.
- Minimum 10 years’ successful experience working in similar position with an international NGO.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, financial and organizational development skills, strong coaching skills and excellent analytical and financial planning skills.
- Strong analytical and interpretative problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and resourceful, with the proven ability to multi-task and operate successfully under tight deadlines and time pressures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong working relationship with stakeholders and the government Institutions.
- Understanding about wildlife particularly in Indonesia is an advantage.
- Knowledge of Sustainable landscape approach
- Knowledge of national and local government policies and regulations
- Computer literacy (excellent IT skills); competent in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and other MS tools;
- Able to work independently without supervision but also accustomed to working in a team;
- Good communications skills - able to express complex information in a simple and succinct manner;
- Self-starter, pro-active and uses initiative - can work independently and priorities own work load;
- Preferably a high level of written and spoken English;
- Good oral, written, presentation and facilitation skills;
- Flexible and able to work under pressure and often to tight deadlines; including an ability to prioritize jobs;
- Highly motivated;
- Willing to work at any circumstances both independently or in a group, such as in remote areas with very limited facilities;
- Excellent in writing skills and oral communication both in Indonesian and English;
- Able to deal with tide schedule and unscheduled tasks, and target oriented;
- Willing to travel extensively across the project sites in Indonesia.
Please submit your application and curriculum vitae in English, relevant experience, past salary history, two referees not later than February 07, 2017, to firstname.lastname@example.org, placing the job title in the subject line and label your CV with your name.
Only short listed candidates will be notified. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.