The Zoological Society of London is an international wildlife conservation organization with a focus on science-based and pragmatic solutions. ZSL has been active in Indonesia for about 10 years, with a particular focus on the overlap between industrial development and biodiversity conservation. ZSL’s Indonesia is based in Bogor, West Java, with existing field projects in Jambi and South Sumatera.
We are now looking for:
Terms and Condition
Start Date: February, 2017
Duration of Contract: One year fix- term Contract, with potential to extendWork Area: The Oil Palm Companies Team Leader will be based in Bogor, West Java
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday from 09.00 am up to 05.00 pmReporting to: Project Director
Key Purpose of the Job
- The Analyst Specialist will responsible to support the management in implementation of project including researching and development of policy and regulation related to UKCCU/NICFI’s project portofolio
- This position is part of the UKCCU/NICFI Project staffing in South Sumatra.
- The UKCCU/NICFI Project works with the Government of South Sumatra, national and district level governments, communities and the private sector to to facilitate and support the government, private sector and local communities, to establish and pilot the sustainable landscape management partnership approach in the Sembilang-Dangku landscape of South Sumatra. The proposed impact of this project is to achieve “Inclusive economic growth and community prosperity, biodiversity conservation, forest protection and restoration, and the ending of deforestation, peatland drainage and wildfires that reduces land-based GHG emissions”.
- Responsible to do research, analysis of the project implementation and progression
- Provide recommendation regarding policies, regulations and planning related with sustainable resource management and conservation
- Responsible to provide reports, presentation, literature reviews, issues for internal and external purpose
- Provide data and information collection related to the project implementation and progression
- Support other activities including financial analysis, project strategy and implementation analysis as needed
- Conducting research and analysis in wide range of areas related with sustainable landscape management, policy and partnership.
- Resulting evidence base recommendation, high quality research outputs and knowledge products to support project management
- Provide inputs and recommendation related with project progression, stakeholder engagement and effective tools on project implementation.
- Perform any other duties as required.
The job requires continued professional internal and external interaction/ communications, both in person and via phone and email
The position will require close attention to detail in all aspect of the project and therefore concentration on the work in hand – precision and accuracy being vital attributes.
The position will be relatively routine in terms of day-to-day tasks during office hours – however sometimes e.g. during field trips or when a workshop is being organized the next day, some flexibility in working hours may be required.
Expectations of Job Holder
- To ensure that the policy for equality of opportunity is adhered to and promoted in all aspects of the post holder’s work.
- To ensure effective quality control and continuous improvement in all aspects of the work and responsibilities attached to this post.
- Demonstrate professionalism towards sensitive and confidential information.
- To comply with and promote Health and Safety policies and procedures and to undertake recommended Health and Safety training as and when necessary.
- To be committed to professional self-development, through participation in in-service training as necessary for the successful carrying out of the job.
- To undertake such other duties as are commensurate with the grade of the post.
Qualifications & Experience
- Master degree (or equivalent) in social policy or natural resources management or related discipline with sustainable landscape management.
- 2. At least 5 years of relevant working experiences on similar project, particularly on research and analysis of sustainable natural resources management, stakeholder analysis and environmental policy.
- Written and oral proficiency in English
- Experience in research, analysis, synthesis, and writing scientific report
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, financial and organizational development skills, strong coaching skills and excellent analytical and financial planning skills
- Strong analytical and interpretative problem solving skills
- Understanding about wildlife conservation, particularly in Indonesia is an advantage
- Knowledge of national and local government policies and regulations.
- Knowledge and application of basic research methodologies - both quantitative and qualitative.
- Computer literacy (excellent IT skills); competent in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and other MS tools;
- Able to work independently without supervision but also accustomed to working in a team;
- Good communications skills - able to express complex information in a simple and succinct manner, skill at diplomacy and negotiation with sensitive topics;
- Self starter, pro-active and uses initiative - can work independently and priorities own work load;
- Flexible and able to work under pressure and often to tight deadlines; including an ability to prioritize jobs;
- Highly motivated.
- Willing to work at any circumstances both independently or in a group, such as in remote areas with very limited facilities.
- Able to deal with tight schedule and unscheduled tasks, and target oriented
- Willing to travel extensively across the project sites in Indonesia
Please submit your application and curriculum vitae in English, relevant experience, past salary history, two referees not later than January 31, 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org, placing the job title in the subject line and label your CV with your name.
Only short listed candidates will be notified. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.