The Zoological Society of London is an international wildlife conservation organization with a focus on science-based and pragmatic solutions. ZSL has been active in Indonesia for about 10 years, with a particular focus on the overlap between industrial development and biodiversity conservation. ZSL’s Indonesia is based in Bogor, West Java, with existing field projects in Jambi and South Sumatera.
We are now looking for: AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION SUPPORT
Terms and Condition
Start Date: January, 2017
Duration of Contract: One year fix- term Contract, with potential to extend
Work Area: The Communication Assistant will be based in Palembang, South Sumatera
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday from 09.00 am up to 05.00 pm
Reporting to: Community Sector Manager
Key Purpose of the Job
The Agriculture Extension Support staff member will work with public sector staff and smallholders in local communities providing training and support designed to improve agricultural management practices.
This position is part of the UKCCU/NICFI Project staffing in South Sumatra.
- Responsible to provide latest project information relevant to agricultural business and practice to smallholders, agri business and communities.
- Organize and coordinate conferences, workshops, seminars and other events related to agricultural extension.
- Responsible to liaise with provincial network on initiatives and activities to improve extension system and advising services.
- Advise landowners and local government on sustainability issues.
- Provide advice on the strengthening, revitalization and reform of the extension system, including public, private and civil society rural advisory agencies.
- Provide leadership in determining, implementing and evaluating educational programs which are designed to solve social-economic and environmental problems in agriculture.
- Perform any other duties as required.
The job requires continued professional internal and external interaction/ communications, both in person and via phone and email
The position will require close attention to detail in all aspect of the project and therefore concentration on the work in hand – precision and accuracy being vital attributes.
The position will be relatively routine in terms of day-to-day tasks during office hours – however sometimes e.g. during field trips or when a workshop is being organized the next day, some flexibility in working hours may be required.
Expectations of Job Holder
- To ensure that the policy for equality of opportunity is adhered to and promoted in all aspects of the post holder’s work.
- To ensure effective quality control and continuous improvement in all aspects of the work and responsibilities attached to this post.
- Demonstrate professionalism towards sensitive and confidential information.
- To comply with and promote Health and Safety policies and procedures and to undertake recommended Health and Safety training as and when necessary.
- To be committed to professional self-development, through participation in in-service training as necessary for the successful carrying out of the job.
- To undertake such other duties as are commensurate with the grade of the post.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in agriculture, agricultural economic, rural society
- Minimum 7 years working experiences in the planning and execution of agriculture/rural extension
- Working experience for an international NGO is desirable
- Strong working relationship with stakeholders and the government/ Institutions
- Strong analytical skills in major database and statistical software
- Ideally some experience of writing scientific reports and papers
- Understanding about commercial agriculture and smallholder practices
- Familiar with designing and implementing projects related to agricultural extension
- Computer literacy (excellent IT skills); competent in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and other MS tools;
- Adept at using various applications including database, spreadsheet, graphics, word processing, presentation creation/editing, online social media, communicate by e-mail and use scheduling software.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite in a cross-platform environment; experience with desktop publishing/page layout/photo editing software highly desirable.
- Good communication skills and diplomacy around sensitive issues;
- Willing to work at any circumstances both independently or in a group, such as in remote areas with very limited facilities.
- Excellent in writing skills and oral communication both in Indonesian and English.
- Able to deal with tight schedule and unscheduled tasks, and target oriented
- Willing to travel extensively across the project sites in Indonesia
Please submit your application and curriculum vitae in English, relevant experience, past salary history, two referees not later than January 13, 2017 to email@example.com, placing the job title in the subject line and label your CV with your name. Only short listed candidates will be notified. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.