The Zoological Society of London is an international wildlife conservation organization with a focus on science-based and pragmatic solutions. ZSL has been active in Indonesia for about 10 years, with a particular focus on the overlap between industrial development and biodiversity conservation. ZSL’s Indonesia is based in Bogor, West Java, with existing field projects in Jambi and South Sumatera.
We are now looking for: BIODIVERSITY OFFICER
Terms and Condition
Start Date: March, 2017
Duration of Contract: One year fix- term Contract, with potential to extendWork Area: The Biodiversity Officer will be based in Bogor, West Java
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday from 09.00 am up to 05.00 pmReporting to: Technical Unit Head
Key Purpose of the Job
The Biodiversity Officer will support the Technical Unit Head in providing environmental advice in relation with biodiversity
ZSL The Zoological Society of London (ZSL), a charity founded in 1826, is a world-renowned centre of excellence for conservation science and applied conservation. ZSL’s mission is to promote and achieve the worldwide conservation of animals and their habitats. This is realised by carrying out field conservation and research in over 50 countries across the globe and through education and awareness-raising at our two zoos, ZSL London Zoo and ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, inspiring people to take conservation action.
- Assist Technical Unit Head in providing research studies and programme related to biodiversity, climate change, etc
- Assist Technical Unit Head in monitoring ecological activities
- Provide technical support to the development, implementation and evaluation of the project activities
- Provide and document good practices, success stories, lesson learned etc of the project in coordination with Communication and Community team
- Analyze and present research findings
- Maintain ecological data as basis for eco system management
- Contribute to the development of project briefs and or updating of biodiversity and natural resources management plans and capital work projects
- Perform any other duties as required.
The job requires continued professional internal and external interaction/ communications, both in person and via phone and email
The position will require close attention to detail in all aspect of the project and therefore concentration on the work in hand – precision and accuracy being vital attributes.
The position will be relatively routine in terms of day-to-day tasks during office hours – however sometimes e.g. during field trips or when a workshop is being organized the next day, some flexibility in working hours may be required.
Expectations of Job Holder
- To ensure that the policy for equality of opportunity is adhered to and promoted in all aspects of the post holder’s work.
- To ensure effective quality control and continuous improvement in all aspects of the work and responsibilities attached to this post.
- Demonstrate professionalism towards sensitive and confidential information.
- To comply with and promote Health and Safety policies and procedures and to undertake recommended Health and Safety training as and when necessary.
- To be committed to professional self-development, through participation in in-service training as necessary for the successful carrying out of the job.
- To undertake such other duties as are commensurate with the grade of the post.
NB: This job description is designed to outline a range of main duties that may be encountered. It is not designed to be an exhaustive list of tasks and can be varied in consultation with the post holder in order to reflect changes in the job or the organisation.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Forestry, Biology, Natural Resources Management, Environmental Sciences or any other relevant subject
- Minimum 5 years successful experience working in similar position with an international NGO
- Strong analytical and interpretative problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and resourceful, with the proven ability to multi-task and operate successfully under tight deadlines and time pressures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Previous work (directly or indirectly) with Government of Indonesia Institutions would also be a strong advantage
- Understanding about wildlife conservation, particularly in Indonesia is an advantage
- Knowledge of national and local government policies and regulations
- Excellent understanding about habitat analysis, habitat management, translocation
- Familiar with the most recent biodiversity survey techniques
- Familiar with basic statistical/technical terms and analytical interpretation
- Familiar with forest navigation, map reading, able to operate GPS and compass
- Computer literacy (excellent IT skills); competent in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and other MS tools;
- Able to work independently without supervision but also accustomed to working in a team;
- Good communications skills - able to express complex information in a simple and succinct manner, skill at diplomacy and negotiation with sensitive topics;
- Self starter, pro-active and uses initiative - can work independently and priorities own work load;
- Preferably a high level of written and spoken English;
- Good oral, written, presentation and facilitation skills;
- Flexible and able to work under pressure and often to tight deadlines; including an ability to prioritize jobs;
- Highly motivated.
- Willing to work at any circumstances both independently or in a group, such as in remote areas with very limited facilities.
- Excellent in writing skills and oral communication both in Indonesian and English.
- Able to deal with tight schedule and unscheduled tasks, and target oriented
- Willing to travel extensively across the project sites in Indonesia
Please submit your application and curriculum vitae in English, relevant experience, past salary history, two referees not later than February 7, 2017 to email@example.com, placing the job title in the subject line and label your CV with your name.
Only short listed candidates will be notified. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.