ABOUT BETTERWORK INDONESIA
Better Work is a unique partnership between the UN’s International Labour Organization (ILO) and the World Bank Group’s International Financ Corporation (IFC). Launched in 2007, the programme aims to improve compliance with labour standards and competitiveness in global supply chains. Better Work involves the development of both global tools and country level projects. The focus is on developing scalable and sustainable solutions, which build cooperation between government, employer and worker organizations, and international buyers. Improving compliance with labour standards in global supply chains is an important part of a pro-poor development strategy. Ensuring workers’ rights and entitlements are protected helps to distribute the benefits of trade.
Better Work supports enterprises in implementing the ILO core international labour standards and national labour law and improve the dialogue between workers and employers. This helps enterprises compete in global markets where many buyers demand compliance with labour standards from their suppliers.
This position involves providing professional advisory, assessment and training. He/She is conducting independent enterprise level assessments against labour standards and provisioning enterprise level consultancy services to support remediation and enterprise improvement through facilitate dialogue between workers and employers. The Enterprise Advisor works under direct coordination of the Enterprise Advisors Team Leader. Guidance and advice on technical or procedural aspects of the work are received as required. Judgment, initiative and creativity are required in translating project tools and approaches at the enterprise level. The work product is controlled by the Operations Manager for technical soundness and appropriateness.
This position is for Indonesian Nationals only, based in Central Java and Yogyakarta, West Java and Greater Jakarta.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Independently conduct enterprise assessment of labour standards and management systems at the enterprise level;
- Independently produce high standard reports in English and Bahasa Indonesia on (i) assessments findings, (ii) recommendations for improvement, (iii) enterprise improvement plans and (iv) progress reports on implementation;
- Review the reports of other advisors as part of the peer review Better Work quality assurance system;
- Provide high quality enterprise level consultancy services designed to improve enterprise performance including coaching, facilitating management and union/workers improvement committees, providing technical advice and conducting classroom based training;
- Select and adapt and contextualise Better Work products for use at the individual enterprise level based on needs;
- Provide technical advice and input into the development of Better Work research, products and strategies;
- Actively contribute to the project’s monitoring and evaluation strategy, research agenda and knowledge management strategy, and project progress report;
- Contribute to the financial sustainability strategy of the project including encouraging the participation of enterprises in project activities, a strong outcome focus, and effective time management of consultancy services;
- Other duties as required by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- First level university degree in human resource management, business management, adult education, international development, law or other relevant fields, or equivalent in experience
- At least 4 (four) years of professional experience in a capacity building role.
- Familiar with factory environment, and/or exposure to the Indonesian garment industry is an advantage.
- Excellent command of English and Bahasa Indonesia.
Other Required Competencies:
- Good communications skills, both oral and written;
- Good analytical skills;
- Good knowledge of the Indonesian labor law and regulations;
- Good group facilitation, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills and capacity to deliver a range of remediation training and capacity building initiatives including classroom-based training activities for improvement purposes. Experience in industrial relations and building of social dialogue between management and worker representatives at the workplace an advantage;
- Understanding of enterprise level human resource, production and quality systems;
- Good understanding of corporate social responsibility and labour compliance issues in global supply chains;
- Ability to monitor the effectiveness of training and capacity building initiatives undertaken by partner organizations/consultants;
- Good understanding of principles of gender equality and principles of equal opportunity and how these can be promoted as part the responsibilities of the post;
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently in an outcomes-based work culture as well as contributing to the work of a team; and
- Capacity to sensitively liaise and network with a range of stakeholders including staff, donors, international buyers, government officials, management, unions and NGOs.
- Shares knowledge – Shares important or relevant knowledge and information formally (e.g. workshops, seminars) or informally (e.g. conversations with colleagues); promotes knowledge transfer.
APPLICATION CONTACT AND DETAILS TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send a resume and a cover letter describing relevant academic and employment experience, the names and contact information for three (3) professional references, and monthly salary expectations.
Please email your resume to: Indonesia@betterwork.org no later than *24 February 2017*. Early submission of qualified CVs will be prioritized.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.