Operations Manager, Indonesian Science Fund (DIPI)
Palladium/Indonesia is seeking an Operations Manager to support the Indonesian Science Fund, based in Jakarta. The initial assignment for this position is a one-year contract (with the possibility of an extension). The position will be hired under the BANTU project (Health Technical Assistance project funded by USAID).
The Indonesian Science Fund, Dana Ilmu Pengetahuan Indonesia (DIPI) has been established under the Indonesian Academy of Sciences (Akademi Ilmu Pengetahuan Indonesia, or AIPI), as an independent mechanism to directly fund scientists and engineers to produce world –class research. As such, DIPI will establish a transparent system to fund multi-year grants to advance science, which are awarded based on merit and rigorous peer review.
The DIPI Operations Manager will support the daily operations of DIPI and establish and ensure related human resource systems and procedures are in place and followed. Only applications from Indonesian citizens will be considered.
SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee daily operation of the organization offices, including administrative, meeting and support activities.
- Manage all communication, incoming and outgoing, of a wide network of external parties and maintain diplomacy and confidentially
- Maintain the activity calendar, receive visits which may involve high-ranking officials; endure all relevant preparation and documentation for meetings
- Draft correspondence, minutes, memoranda, briefs and reports, and review all outgoing correspondence
- Active participation in developing office and human resources procedures. Administer, monitor, and assist the human resource performance
- Organization of travel arrangements and logistics as well as preparation on the overall agenda and material for travel
- Implement and interpret policy for administrative and support staff.
- Interact with vendors and legal staff to implement organizational needs.
- Represent the DIPI Executive Director for administrative activities where appropriate.
- Supervise administrative and other support staff, allocating work and ensuring quality and timely completion of projects, identifying the needs in hiring, training, and performance management of support staff.
- Liaison with financial and legal staff to ensure smooth operation of organization
- Coordinate workflow with Program staff regarding grants review and awards.
- Establish processes and procedures to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the organization.
- Recommend procedural needs to Executive Director and Advisory Board, and where appropriate draft such procedures.
- Serve as staff liaison to Executive Director, and in this capacity, as a respected and trusted adviser to the Executive Director.
- Carry out other tasks assigned by the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree recommended.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, including with office management and staff supervision.
- Minimum 2 years Human Resources management.
- Fluency in both Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Excellent presentation and communications skills (oral and written).
- Ability to solve problems of appreciable variety and complexity
- Ability to work and produce with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, and form and maintain effective teams
OPEN PERIOD: January 30 – February 12, 2017
POSITION INFORMATION: The initial contract will be for one-year (with a possibility of an extension). Only Indonesian citizens may apply.
HOW TO APPLY: To respond to this position, please send your resume (no longer than 6 pages) and cover letter to email@example.com, with the title of the position in the subject line of your email.
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.