Position Title: Business Development Consultant
Type of Contract: Consultancy
Location: Kupang or other districts in West Timor, NTT
Maximum working day: 100 days
Contract Duration: As soon as possible - 30 April 2018
Closing Date: 15 February 2017
SNV Netherlands Development Organization
SNV is an international not-for-profit development organisation, working in 38 countries in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. SNV specializes in supporting the resourcefulness of development actors by developing local capacities, improving performance and services, strengthening governance systems, helping to create access for excluded groups and by making markets work for the poor. Our global team of advisors use their specialist sector and change expertise in Agriculture, Renewable Energy and WASH to facilitate sustainable change in the livelihoods of millions of people living in poverty
Promoting the Improved Feed, Good Rearing Practices and Weighing Scale Practices in Timor Island, East Nusa Tenggara
In agriculture projects, SNV works with smallholder farmers, pastoralists, forest-dependent communities and companies to provide innovative, market-based solutions to the issues of sustainable markets, food security and climate change. SNV Indonesia, is the co-facilitator for the Australian Aid-PRISMA program and implements a pig sector intervention in East Nusa Tenggara province covering four districts namely Kupang, TTS, TTU and belu/Malaka. The aim is to increase pig farmer income through increasing pig productivity by increasing daily gain and reducing the rearing period.
To achieve it, SNV in partnership with pig feed producers will promote the quality feed and deliver the embedded services on good rearing practice.
To be able in convincing farmers, SNV and its private partners will establish demoplots in four districts. SNV is looking for a pig farming consultant to support SNV and its private partners in giving supervision for farmers who selected as demoplots, monitoring demoplots established and conducting data analysis to compare the results and creating demoplot reports. The consultant will travel and work in four districts
Scope of services
To initiate the project, SNV is looking for a business development consultant to build capacities of feed agent, sub agent and retailers on feed supply chain and warehouse management.
The consultant will carry out the following activities and deliver below services:
- Develop module on Feed Business Management consist of supply chain and warehouse management as targeted to have a module for feed business management in Intervention Steering Document (ISD)
- Deliver training for agent, sub agent and retailers. Each training package is 2 days for about 20-30 participants (approximately for 20 trainings)
Consultant will submit training reports directly to project manager for pig intervention project every time she/he completed training
- Master in animal science/agribusiness
- Understand the pig farming and the animal feed business.
- Has experience working in feed companies
- Minimum 5 years working experiences in feedstock, distribution and storage
- Experience in designing and implementating capacity building trajectories, including in class training and coaching
- Willing to travel and work in Kupang, TTU, TTS, Belu and Malaka
- Excellent English reporting
Preferrable based in Kupang or other districts in West Timor, NTT
The assignment is for a total 100 working days starting from February 2017 (as soon as possible) - April 2018
How to apply
Please submit the following documents:
- Update Resume
- Proposal, at least consist of:
- The outline of business development module and why those topics need to be included
- Training plan
- Costing plan
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.