Terms of Reference
Analyst - Policy and Project Support
INTRODUCTION AND BACKGROUND
Starling Resources is the sustainability consulting and advisory practice within Moores Rowland. We are an Indonesia-based group of practically minded business, community planning, conservation, and finance specialists. Our team is committed to the design of effective solutions that positively address economic, social and environmental concerns with regard to the management of natural resources in the Asia Pacific and across the globe. Our work focuses on the policies, capacities, institutions, financing, strategies, and economics that underpin effective and efficient resource management. Our clients include international donors, multi-lateral agencies, NGO’s, and private companies. Starling Resources offers an egalitarian and collegiate work environment while providing opportunities for staff to attain internationally relevant experience.
Overall Description of Position: Starling Resources is seeking an Analyst to support project management staff on a broad array of project implementation and management activities including logistics, communications, research, writing, formatting, planning, and administration related to Starling Resources’ project portfolio and office management. This position will also support Starling staff in the researching and development of policy and regulations related to institutional development and sustainable natural resource management.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Policy and Regulatory Analyst’s duties are expected to include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Support the administration of projects and project activities including logistics, communications, and documentation, and tracking as needed to support meetings, workshops, interviews, trainings and overall project management and activities
- Research, analysis and formulation in both Bahasa Indonesian and English, of analysis and recommendations regarding policies, regulations, and planning relevant to sustainable resource management. Focal areas are likely to include the institutional development, procedures, policies and financing; public sector strategy, planning, and financing and other issues pertaining to resource management and conservation
- Formatting, editing and contributing to analysis, reports, presentations, literature reviews, issue briefs, business plans, and notes for internal and external use
- General project data and information collection and analysis
- Coordinating staff members’ and partners’ activities and communications
- Supporting the development of weekly news and media summaries for circulation
- Supporting the development of policy summaries to support organizational awareness and leaning
- Translation of documents between Bahasa Indonesian and English as needed.
- Support Starling Resources staff on a variety of activities including: financial analysis, business planning and strategy; design and implementation of capacity development programs; community engagement and assessments; other activities as needed
- Representation of Starling Resources at meetings with project partners and other relevant stakeholders
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience in order to be considered for the Policy Analyst position:
- Indonesian nationality
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus relating to law, policy or economics
- Strong interest in environment, social issues, sustainability and policy
- Two years of related professional experience or an advanced degree in a related field
- Familiarity or experience (preferred) with local governance processes, planning, regulations, budgeting and administration
- Flexibility and willingness to support the team as needed
- Strong research, writing, and analytical skills; quantitative skills a plus
- Competency with Microsoft Office suite, strong excel skills a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient (both speaking and writing) in both English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Understanding of local government planning and administration processes
- Strong team player
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision if needed
- Ability to maintain a flexible work and travel schedule to meet the demands of project implementation schedules
TERM: Minimum 12-month contract (renewable upon performance and mutual agreement).
SALARY: Salary and benefits are competitive and dependent on qualifications.
Please send cover letter and resume to: Santi Wongso at email@example.com
Please no phone calls.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.