Tanoto Foundation is a not-for-profit foundation which strives to be a center of excellence for facilitating and improving access to quality educationand to empowerment opportunities that contribute to poverty reduction. The Foundation currently runs a number of philanthropic programs in Indonesia ranging from scholarship, teachers training, school improvement programs, research support, to small business development. Tanoto Foundation is currently looking for Construction Specialist (Jambi based) and Finance and Field Operation Officer (Jakarta based).
Please find details for both positions below.
Reporting to: Pelita Pendidikan Program Manager
Working Location: Jambi, with travel to North Sumatera and Riau
The Construction Specialist (CS) will be supporting the implementation and management of Pelita Pendidikan Infrastructure Program and Improvement Infrastructure Program of RGE Schools under overall guidance of Pelita Pendidikan Program Manager and in collaboration with Pelita Pendidikan team in Regional Offices.
Program Design and Implementation
- To design and develop program related to infrastructure and/or construction, both physical construction and capacity building.
- To provide building engineering designs, materials specifications, bills of quantities and preliminary building cost estimates of construction activities.
- Supports the procurement process conducted in regional offices is according technical expertise of Construction Specialist.
- Providing overall support for Tanoto Foundation in regional offices related to construction and infrastructure activities.
- To ensure all engineering design, bill of quantity, materials specification has been followed by vendors/contractors.
- Be responsible to ensure the quality of construction building is met according to approved documents.
- To ensure the inspection of construction site is conducted by the team in the field, and also the inspection report is verified and reported.
- To necessary act should there flaws within construction activities carried out by the vendors, in coordination with RPM and RPO and provide necessary recommendation to Management of Tanoto Foundation in Jakarta regarding necessary action taken.
- Ensure all construction activities are delivered according to agreed timeline.
- To provide basic knowledge of construction and infrastructure activities into beneficiaries, masons, school teachers, principals; through workshops or training.
- To ensure the selected vendors understand approved engineering plan and material quantities required within their construction, and provide technical assistance when necessary.
- Be responsible in monitoring the output of the training as stated in TOR, including training content, knowledge of the participants, and progress post construction workshops is monitored.
- To support and provide technical assistance to other BGs/Bus construction and/or infrastructure program if required.
- To develop and provide update reports on construction activities to management of Tanoto Foundation in regular manners.
- Supporting Tanoto Foundation M&E team in carrying their activities related to construction and infrastructure program.
- Perform other relevant duties as reasonably assigned by the immediate supervisor or Management of Tanoto Foundation.
The Construction Specialist will be based in Tanoto Foundation Regional Office Jambi, with frequent travel to other regional area/site as required.
Supervisor: Pelita Pendidikan Program Manager
Line Coordination and day to day works:
- Internal: Head of Tanoto Foundation, Regional Program Manager, Construction Specialist and other Specialists; FFAO, Sr. Program Officer, Regional Project Officers, TF Jakarta Staff
- External: District Education Offices, School Supervisors, Schools Principal, Schools Teacher, Estate Manager, Head of Administration in estate (KTU), and other relevant counterpart/stakeholders necessary.
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree majoring Civil Engineering or Architecture from reputable and accredited University.
- A minimum of 5 years experience working in construction or infrastructure program with humanitarian or social business (NGO/INGO) context, Experience in large scale program (both coverage and budget management), or in education program would be advantageous.
- Proven to be acknowledging in drawing design, calculate BOQ, bidding and tender process, and construction project management.
- Has experience in delivering training/workshops, and developing modules manuals would be advantageous.
- Proven experience in liaisons with stakeholders and counterparts.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results, including team building – could work independently and as team player
- Strong communication skills, ability to communicate in English (both oral and written) is desirable.
- Able to do multi-tasking, working in high pressure to meet results, working with minimum supervision and multi-cultural environment.
- Willing to be placed in very remote areas with minimum facilities and supervision.
- Able to use computers and MS Windows Applications (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point) and internet. Ability to utilize engineering software (such as AutoCAD, SAP, Microsoft Project) is desirable.
- Excellent driving skills for vehicles and motorcycles are desirable.
- Willing to travel to project sites as required.
Should you meet the above requirements and interested to apply, email your comprehensive resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.