Title: STTA Fishery IT Specialist
Reports to: Sustainable Fisheries Advisor
Supervision of: No one
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
The Indonesia Sustainable Ecosystems Advanced (SEA) Project is a five-year contract that supports the Government of Indonesia to conserve biological diversity and improve the governance of marine resources at local, district, provincial and national levels. By using an ecosystem-based approach to management and engaging key stakeholders, the SEA Project will 1) enhance conservation and sustainable use of marine resources by reforming fisheries management and promoting marine protected areas to enhance fisheries productivity, food and nutrition security, and sustainable livelihoods within the target area; and 2) strengthen the leadership role and capacity of the Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries and local governments to promote conservation and sustainable fishing. The SEA Project is implemented by Tetra Tech and a consortium of partners that includes Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS), Coral Triangle Center (CTC) and WWF-Indonesia (WWF). The SEA Project will run from March 2016 through March 2021.
The objectives of the SEA Project are to:
Support enhanced conservation and sustainable use of marine resources by reforming fisheries management and promoting marine protected areas to enhance fisheries productivity, food security, and sustainable livelihoods within the target areas.
Support the strengthening of the leadership role and capacity of the MMAF and local governments to promote conservation and sustainable fishing.
Overall, at the end of five years, USAID assistance through SEA will have improved the conservation and management of Indonesia’s marine biodiversity through increased capacity and the practical application of marine conservation and sustainable fisheries management. Innovation in information and technology is needed to integrate all means including vessel information, fishing grounds, gears, and catch data to achiving this objectives. The SEA Project will recruit a Fishery IT Specialist to work with the technical team and staff of Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries Republic of Indonesia to adavance the fishery IT systems including the integrated vessel registration system (SIMKADA).
The Consultant of Fishery IT specialist is responsible to support the development and improvement of e-based data and information systems to support to strengthening the Indonesian fishery management. This will include, but not limited, providing technical supports and capacity building to MMAF and BKIPM IT officers, as well as SEA Project team for advancing the SIMKADA and I-Fish [other fishery e-data base platforms as needed].
The Fishery IT specialist is also responsible to coordinating with related MMAF units in identifying the needs and recommendations for improving the system to enable integration of the modules and data. The Fishery IT specialist will work closely with staff of the IT departments of MMAF and PTSP [ One door service system], BKPM involved in managing and operating SIMKADA, the Sustainable Fisheries and Senior Sustainable Advisors as well as the COP/DCOP.
The Fishery IT specialist specifically will, but will not be limited to the following:
- Improve the module of SIMKADA on the SIUP, SIPI, BPKP, Andon (STKA, SIPI Andon, BPKP Andon), Retribution and reporting.
- Improve SIMKADA layout of the provincial level.
- Develop interface for integrating SIMKADA and SIPALKA
- Support MMAF and PTSP teams in data cleaning
- Provide training and technical advices to MMAF and PTSP, BKPM IT officers, as well as SEA Project team.
- Analyze structure, strengths, and weaknesses of SIMKADA, SIPALKA and I-FISH and other e-database platform.
- Coordinate and communicate findings and recommendation to MMAF officials.
- Support to ensure timely implementation of e-database system improvement.
- Support the SEA team in developing progress, quarterly and annual reports; based on his/her scope of work.
- Support to ensure that lessons learned and best practices are incorporated into project designs.
- Other related tasks, as requested.
Hold a degree in Information and Technology with a specialisation on programming.
Has at least five years working experience in developing e-database system, preferably understanding the process of fishing vessel license and having experience in managing various data related to capture fisheries
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- High degree of adaptability to varied working environments and good interpersonal
- Able to work independently and in a team.
- Has high cultural sensitivity working with people from diverse backgrounds, believes, ethnicities and cultures, and nationalities.
- This position is a national position, thus is limited for Indonesian nationality.
When you are interested on the above position and consider that you possess the necessary qualification, please submit your job application consisting of updated curriculum vitae, this work and/or this organization to job@SEA-Indonesia.org.
Please fill the ‘subject’ column of the e-mail in this format “STTA Fishery Specialist” _(name of candidate).
Deadline February 17, 2017
No correspondence, only short-listed candidates will be notified
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.