The Zoological Society of London is an international wildlife conservation organization with a focus on science-based and pragmatic solutions. ZSL has been active in Indonesia for about 10 years, with a particular focus on the overlap between industrial development and biodiversity conservation. ZSL’s Indonesia is based in Bogor, West Java, with existing field projects in Jambi and South Sumatera.
We are now looking for:
COMMUNITY SURVEY TEAM MEMBER
Terms and Condition
Start Date : March, 2017
Duration of Contract : One year fix- term Contract, with potential to extendWork Area : The Community Survey Team Member will be based in Palembang, South Sumatera and Jambi
Hours of Work : Monday to Friday from 09.00 am up to 05.00 pmReporting to : Community Survey Team Leader
The Community Survey Team Member will support the Community Survey Team Leader to plan and develop survey methodology and coordinate the survey implementation. The Community Survey Team Member will also responsible to analyze and interpret the survey data.
This position is part of the UKCCU/NICFI Project staffing in South Sumatra.
The UKCCU/NICFI Project works with the Government of South Sumatra, national and district level governments, communities and the private sector to facilitate and support the government, private sector and local communities, to establish and pilot the sustainable landscape management partnership approach in the Sembilang-Dangku landscape of South Sumatra. The proposed impact of this project is to achieve “Inclusive economic growth and community prosperity, biodiversity conservation, forest protection and restoration, and the ending of deforestation, peatland drainage and wildfires that reduces land-based GHG emissions”.
- Assist the Community Survey Team Leader by supporting, planning and coordinating operations for single or multiple surveys
- Responsible to review, classify and record survey data for analysis
- Responsible to determine and specify of details survey projects, including sources of information, procedures to be used and the design of survey instruments and materials.
- Prepare and present summaries and analyses of survey data, including tables, graph and facts sheets that describe survey techniques and results
- Conduct research to gather information about survey topics
- Produce documentation of the questionnaire development process, development process, data collection methods, sampling designs and decisions related to sample statistical weighting
- Conduct surveys and collect data, using methods such as interviews, questionnaires, focus groups, market analysis surveys, public opinion polls, literature reviews and file reviews.
- Other general project-related duties as and when required.
The job requires continued professional internal and external interaction/ communications, both in person and via phone and email
The position will require close attention to detail in all aspect of the project and therefore concentration on the work in hand – precision and accuracy being vital attributes.
The position will be relatively routine in terms of day-to-day tasks during office hours – however sometimes e.g. during field trips or when a workshop is being organized the next day, some flexibility in working hours may be required.
Expectations of Job Holder
- To ensure that the policy for equality of opportunity is adhered to and promoted in all aspects of the post holder’s work.
- To ensure effective quality control and continuous improvement in all aspects of the work and responsibilities attached to this post.
- Demonstrate professionalism towards sensitive and confidential information.
- To comply with and promote Health and Safety policies and procedures and to undertake recommended Health and Safety training as and when necessary.
- To be committed to professional self-development, through participation in in-service training as necessary for the successful carrying out of the job.
- To undertake such other duties as are commensurate with the grade of the post.
NB: This job description is designed to outline a range of main duties that may be encountered. It is not designed to be an exhaustive list of tasks and can be varied in consultation with the post holder in order to reflect changes in the job or the organisation.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Social sciences, Information Systems or an equivalent degree
- Minimum 5 years working experiences in survey methodologist
- Currently lives in Palembang or Jambi will be more preferred
- Understanding about conservation and biodiversity assessment
- Familiar with the most recent biodiversity survey techniques
- Familiar with basic statistical/technical terms and analytical interpretation
- Computer literacy (excellent IT skills); competent in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and other MS tools;
- Able to work independently without supervision but also accustomed to working in a team;
- Good communications skills - able to express complex information in a simple and succinct manner, skill at diplomacy and negotiation with sensitive topics;
- Self starter, pro-active and uses initiative - can work independently and priorities own work load;
- Preferably a high level of written and spoken English;
- Good oral, written, presentation and facilitation skills;
- Flexible and able to work under pressure and often to tight deadlines; including an ability to prioritize jobs;
- Highly motivated.
- Willing to work at any circumstances both independently or in a group, such as in remote areas with very limited facilities.
- Excellent in writing skills and oral communication both in Indonesian and English.
- Able to deal with tight schedule and unscheduled tasks, and target oriented
- Willing to travel extensively across the project sites in Indonesia
Please submit your application and curriculum vitae in English, relevant experience, past salary history, two referees not later than February 19, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org, placing the job title in the subject line and label your CV with your name. Only short listed candidates will be notified. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.