The Zoological Society of London is an international wildlife conservation organization with a focus on science-based and pragmatic solutions. ZSL has been active in Indonesia for about 10 years, with a particular focus on the overlap between industrial development and biodiversity conservation. ZSL’s Indonesia is based in Bogor, West Java, with existing field projects in Jambi and South Sumatera.
We are now looking for:
FOREST MANAGEMENT TEAM MEMBER
Terms and Condition
Start Date : March, 2017
Duration of Contract : One year fix- term Contract, with potential to extend
Work Area : The Forest Management Team Member will be based in Palembang, South Sumatera
Hours of Work : Monday to Friday from 09.00 am up to 05.00 pm
Reporting to : Forest Management Team Leader
Key Purpose of the Job
The Team Member - Forest Management will assist the Team Leader in the implementation of detailed UKCCU project planning on Private sector, particularly related to environmental management objectives, in close collaboration with project partners.
The UKCCU/NICFI Project works with the Government of South Sumatra, national and district level governments, communities and the private sector to to facilitate and support the government, private sector and local communities, to establish and pilot the sustainable landscape management partnership approach in the Sembilang-Dangku landscape of South Sumatra. The proposed impact of this project is to achieve “Inclusive economic growth and community prosperity, biodiversity conservation, forest protection and restoration, and the ending of deforestation, peatland drainage and wildfires that reduces land-based GHG emissions”.
- Collect data related with the priority landscapes from data sources of companies or based on field assessment (palm oil plantations, forestry concession, mining company), including conduct data processing.
- Compile all data related to the forest management, including the sourcing and management of spatial data.
- Assist team leader in developing guidance of design and support on field implementation of private sector sustainability plan as part of best management practice; including (Biodiversity monitoring, HCV-HCS management, forest restoration, identify and mitigate environmental risk) .
- Support on guiding companies to establish forest data information systems that in line with developed system under the government
- Assist Team Leader on providing monthly report on timely manner to private sector Manager.
- Assist the team leader in supporting SMART implementation on private sector of landscape target.
- To assist in preparing field works plans, logistic and survey equipment.
- To coordinate activities with other members of ZSL Indonesia and to provide assistance with other aspects of the ZSL Indonesian program where time allows
- Other general project-related duties as and when required.
The job requires continued professional internal and external interaction/ communications, both in person and via phone and email
The position will require close attention to detail in all aspect of the project and therefore concentration on the work in hand – precision and accuracy being vital attributes.
The position will be relatively routine in terms of day-to-day tasks during office hours – however sometimes e.g. during field trips or when a workshop is being organized the next day, some flexibility in working hours may be required.
Expectations of Job Holder
- To ensure that the policy for equality of opportunity is adhered to and promoted in all aspects of the post holder’s work.
- To ensure effective quality control and continuous improvement in all aspects of the work and responsibilities attached to this post.
- Demonstrate professionalism towards sensitive and confidential information.
- To comply with and promote Health and Safety policies and procedures and to undertake recommended Health and Safety training as and when necessary.
- To be committed to professional self-development, through participation in in-service training as necessary for the successful carrying out of the job.
- To undertake such other duties as are commensurate with the grade of the post.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Forestry, Environmental Sciences or any other relevant subject
- Minimum 3 years successful experience working in similar position with an international NGO
- Experience working closely with the private sector
- Experience working with smallholders and/or communities in land management
- Currently lives in Palembang will be more preferred
- Understanding about conservation and biodiversity assessment
- Excellent understanding of private sector management
- Computer literacy (excellent IT skills); competent in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and other MS tools;
- Able to work independently without supervision but also accustomed to working in a team;
- Good communications skills - able to express complex information in a simple and succinct manner, skill at diplomacy and negotiation with sensitive topics;
- Self starter, pro-active and uses initiative - can work independently and priorities own work load;
- Preferably a high level of written and spoken English;
- Good oral, written, presentation and facilitation skills;
- Flexible and able to work under pressure and often to tight deadlines; including an ability to prioritize jobs;
- Highly motivated.
- Willing to work at any circumstances both independently or in a group, such as in remote areas with very limited facilities.
- Excellent in writing skills and oral communication both in Indonesian and English.
- Able to deal with tight schedule and unscheduled tasks, and target oriented
- Willing to travel extensively across the project sites in Indonesia
Please submit your application and curriculum vitae in English, relevant experience, past salary history, two referees not later than February 19, 2017 to email@example.com, placing the job title in the subject line and label your CV with your name. Only short listed candidates will be notified. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.