RIKOLTO INDONESIA JOB VACANCIES 2020
Rikolto in Indonesia (formerly VECO Indonesia) located in Denpasar, Bali Province, is the regional branch of Rikolto, an international NGO with more than 40 years’ experience in partnering with farmer organizations and food chain stakeholders across Africa, Asia, Europe, and Latin America committed to developing sustainable agriculture value chains and food systems.
Rikolto runs programs in 15 countries worldwide through eight regional offices. We’re a close-knit network of accessible and knowledgeable colleagues, willing to share experience and eager to inspire others. We are currently looking for a professional for the position of:
Coffee and PES (Payment for Ecosystem Services) Programme Manager Based in Denpasar, Bali Province
The Coffee and PES (Payment for Ecosystem Services) Program Manager oversees the implementation of the coffee commodity sector and the PES initiative program of Rikolto in Indonesia.
He/she is a commodity-expert in the whole value-chain, from the seed to the consumption level, with particular attention to sustainable practices.
In regards to the PES, we work on the PES initiative that has been integrated into 2 commodities: Coffee and Cinnamon. He/She is responsible for innovative concepts to improve the livelihoods of communities living surrounding forest areas while keeping the forest ecosystem intact.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Program Planning, Development, and Implementation
- Developing, aligning and adjusting the coffee and PES program strategies and planning to develop inclusive business models for sustainable food systems; implementing the PES system model.
- Identifying alternative models to give incentives to the communities to adjust behavior and practices to keep and/or improve forest ecosystem and therefore deliver ecosystem services.
- Providing strategic, methodological and technical guidance to partners and BDS providers in designing, planning, implementing, monitoring and adjusting concrete actions meant to achieve targeted sector transformation;
- Supporting and coordinating project planning and budgeting of the partners, and ensuring the compliance to the project direction as well as the administrative and financial regulations;
- Actively participating in fundraising for the program.
Team Management and Operations
- Manage and continuously assess his/her program team members performance on the program achievement, evaluate and provide necessary supervision and recommendation to achieve program goals.
- Managing and ensure the administration policy and financial administration of the program are well respected by his/her team members.
Accountability and Communication
- Monitoring and evaluation of the project implementation, progress and achievements
- Producing programs monthly reports, integrating inputs from BDS providers, and reporting them to the Head of Programme and PLA Coordinator; this includes a global analysis of the outcomes.
- Assuring project and financial reports to donors, government and related partners within the prescribed deadlines and quality requirements;
- Contributing to Rikolto’s communication channels and other special publication materials in coordination with the Communication Coordinator;
Learning and Innovation
- Exploring and proposing innovations in the project design, partnership and way of working towards a sustainable food system;
- Monitoring developments and opportunities in the related sector including potential partners, markets, business models and potentially new products;
- Contributing to Rikolto’s knowledge management and learning initiative: sharing and exchange knowledge, best practices with other team and cluster members to ensure complementarities and synergy.
Cluster and Networks/Stakeholder Management
- Represent Rikolto on a local, national, and international level and play an active role in the Rikolto International coffee cluster in favor of the international agenda.
- Identifying and developing partnerships with relevant stakeholders (coffee platforms, forest management, ecosystem services, related government, etc) for concrete collaboration to scale up the project results;
- Facilitating business/market links between farmer organizations and the private actors, financial institutions, service providers, and commodity networks in adopting inclusive business practices
- Facilitating of and participating in dialogues on forest management and ecosystem services;
- Playing an exemplary role with respect to the values, identity of Rikolto in Indonesia ensuring compliance with the Code of Conduct and Code of Ethics in order to safeguard its organizational reputation;
- Being a role model with respect to the values, identity of Rikolto in Indonesia.
- Supporting activities regarding the general well-being of the staff members and healthy and environmentally friendly practices at the office and in the operations;
- Special assignments which may be identified and exercised/implemented in the future.
Education & Experience:
- Master’s (required) Degree in Agriculture, Agronomy, Economics, Environmental/Forest Management Sciences and Business or equivalent.
- Min of. 5 (five) years progressive experience in rural and sector development, agricultural development, conservation management or equivalent;
- Experience in managing a small/medium-sized team.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Project and team management
- Concepts of sustainable agriculture, value chain development, and inclusive business, forest management, ecosystem services, PES system;
- Farmer organization development strategies and tools;
- Agriculture commodity development, technologies, business, and market facilitation;
- Good networking/knowledge of the actors at local, national, and international levels for commodity sectors and PES systems.
- Financial management (budgeting, reporting);
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Office365;
- Excellent proficiency in Bahasa Indonesia and English (in reading, speaking, understanding, and writing).
Core (competencies applied to all job levels and career stages):
- Communications for results;
- Leading self.
Technical ( the knowledge & skill required for a specific job):
- Building networks;
Leadership (knowledge & skill important to be an effective leader):
- Stimulating others;
- Leading the organization.
How to Apply:
Please submit by e-mail your letter of interest, most recent CV, and minimum salary expectation, by the latest on Wednesday, July 8th, 2020 to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.