Food and Agriculture Organization Job Vacancies 2020
National Expert on GIS Mapping
FAO Indonesia at the request of the Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries (MMAF), Indonesia has developed a Technical Cooperation Programme (TCP) on Support to Traceability for Farmed Shrimp in Indonesia. This project will be working closely with two Directorate General within MMAF, namely the DG of Product Competitiveness and DG Aquaculture.
The National Expert on GIS Mapping will work under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Indonesia, the direct supervision of the AFAOR for Programme, and in close collaboration with other experts, RAP Fisheries Officer (Lead Technical Officer (LTO)) and Headquarters Officer (FIAA). Furthermore, the National Expert will work in close coordination with the Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries (MMAF) and designated National Project Coordinator (NPC). Specifically, the National Expert will carry out the following tasks:
- Contribute to the farm registration and licensing process in the targeted areas in close coordination with the National Expert on Food Traceability.
- Prepare the detailed digital map of the traceability and farm status in the targeted sites including farm registration and licensing.
- Participate and contribute to the organization and implementation of the project training/workshops.
- Carry out any other activities as instructed by the National Project Coordinator and/or the FAOR.
Education: A recognized postgraduate degree in GIS and remote sensing.
- At least 5 years of demonstrable experience in GIS
- Excellent communication skills, with national and sub-national government, other national and international experts and local communities
- Demonstrated ability to open up to new approaches and new practices on the relevant project implementation
- Demonstrated commitment to participatory and bottom-up approaches
- Demonstrated ability to manage, including project management and office management
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrating detail orientation, proactive attention to outcomes and expectations, and the ability to understand and effectively use information and data.
Languages: Fluency in written and spoken English and Bahasa Indonesia
Key performance indicators
Required Completion Date:
- Detailed Mapping of traceability status including farm registration and licensing
- Mission BTOR reports and end of assignment report
Based on the agreed timeline of the Project
General Note to All Applicants: Interested candidates should submit a CV and a cover letter ( In English) clearly stating their relevant skills, experience, and email to: FAO-ID@fao.org, Submission deadline: 08 July 2020. All candidates should possess computer/word processing skills. FAO reserves the right not to make an appointment at a lower grade or to make an appointment with a modified job description. FAO regrets to inform applicants that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.