Food and Agriculture Organization Job Vacancies 2020
National Expert on IndoGAP Certification
FAO Indonesia at the request of the Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries (MMAF), Indonesia has developed a Technical Cooperation Programme (TCP) on Support to Traceability for Farmed Shrimp in Indonesia. This project will be working closely with two Directorate General within MMAF, namely the DG of Product Competitiveness and DG Aquaculture.
The National Expert on IndoGAP Certification will work under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Indonesia, the direct supervision of the AFAOR for Programme, and in close collaboration with other experts, RAP Fisheries Officer (Lead Technical Officer (LTO)) and Headquarters Officer (FIAA). Furthermore, the National Expert will work in close coordination with the Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries (MMAF) and designated National Project Coordinator (NPC). Specifically, the National Expert will carry out the following tasks:
- Lead the establishment of the methodology for the linking process of the IndoGAP database into STELINA system together with the National Expert on Food Traceability and in consultation with the International Consultant
- Conduct stakeholders mapping of the shrimp farmers including IndoGAP certification status in the targeted sites that will be participated in the piloting activities
- Prepare the joint guideline implementation of the pilot demonstration in the targeted site/s (activity ) in collaboration with the National Expert on Food Traceability and in consultation with the International Consultant
- Monitor the pilot activities and provide a recommendation on the improvement of IndoGAP certification process and its enabling environment based on results of the pilot activities;
- Lead the development and implementation of training workshop (including curriculum and its material) for the identified stakeholders to raise awareness of the pilot groups on the importance of IndoGAP certification;
- Organize Training of Trainer (TOT) and facilitate the compliance of shrimp farmers, extension workers, and related government officers to comply with record-keeping and documentation requirement for IndoGAP certification
- Support the implementation of related capacity building for STELINA system for input suppliers, shrimp product processors and traders in close coordination and consultation with National Expert on Food Traceability
- Support the implementation of output 4 of the TCP Project under close coordination with the National Expert on Legislation, including but not limited to:
- Review the current existing capacity and gap of skills and knowledge of the shrimp farmers, extension workers and related government officers in the implementation of IndoGAP certification;
- Review the current institutional knowledge and arrangement of the government institution in the implementation of IndoGAP certification process
- Based on the review, recommend an improved guideline and operating system for IndoGAP certification process;
- Participate and contribute to the organization and implementation of the final workshop of the project workshop
- Participate in project planning meetings and the implementation and evaluation activities on a regular basis to ensure timely delivery of project deliverables in close collaboration with all the other experts both national and international
- Prepare the draft report of all related activities as well as technical reports on specific and related activities;
- Support the preparation of the final report under the project;
- Carry out any other activities as instructed by the National Project Coordinator and/or the FAOR.
Education: A recognized postgraduate degree in quality control, GAP certification, aquaculture, fisheries, or related educational background.
- At least 5 years of demonstrable experience in GAP certification preferably on shrimp
- Has broad experiences in traceability on aquaculture and fisheries products related matters
- Excellent communication skills, with national and sub-national government, other national and international experts and local communities
- Demonstrated ability to open up to new approaches and new practices on the relevant project implementation
- Demonstrated commitment to participatory and bottom-up approaches
- Demonstrated ability to manage, including project management and office management
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrating detail orientation, proactive attention to outcomes and expectations, and the ability to understand and effectively use information and data.
Languages: Fluency in written and spoken English and Bahasa Indonesia
Key performance indicators
Required Completion Date:
- Report on IndoGAP implementation status for the pilot site/s.
- Joint Report on methodology for the linking process of IndoGAP database into STELINA system
- Joint implementation guideline for the pilot demonstration activity
- Joint piloting demonstration report
- Recommendation report on the improved guideline and operating system for IndoGAP certification process
- Training Related Report
- Mission BTOR reports and end of assignment report
- Joint final Report of the project
Based on the agreed timeline of the Project
General Note to All Applicants: Interested candidates should submit a CV and a cover letter (In English) clearly stating their relevant skills, experience, and email to: FAO-ID@fao.org, Submission deadline: 08 July 2020. All candidates should possess computer/word processing skills. FAO reserves the right not to make an appointment at a lower grade or to make an appointment with a modified job description. FAO regrets to inform applicants that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.