Medecins Sans Frontieres Job Vacancies 2020
Position in the Organization
- Title: COVID-19 Mental Health Consultant
- Duration: 6 Months
- Location: Jakarta
In January 2020 the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the outbreak of a new coronavirus disease, COVID-19, to be a Public Health Emergency of International Concern and in March 2020 it declares as a pandemic. Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF), as a medical humanitarian organization with a mandate to provide medical assistance to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from healthcare is taking up an active role as Ministry of Health’s partner in supporting COVID-19 response in Indonesia. MSF has developed and has been implementing COVID-19 response interventions in Banten Province and is aiming to provide more supports for DKI Jakarta Province following the cases-load. Realizing that primary health facility and community play important roles in managing epidemics/pandemics, MSF is keen to strengthen the role and capacity of primary health facilities/Puskesmas and community. COVID-19 has significantly affected people’s mental health and psychosocial wellbeing and thus, it becomes an important part of overall MSF COVID-19 response. In Jakarta, MSF has been working together with some Puskesmas and their communities in the Covid-19 pandemic response.
MHPSS Consultant would have to provide Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPPS) to community and Puskesmas staff through sensitization and training sessions. MHPSS Consultant would also have to participate in the planning, supervision, and coordination of psychosocial related activities in the community.
- Assess community psychosocial needs, beliefs, understanding about COVID-19, rumors, myths and actions that may harm the COVID-19 prevention and control efforts and have repercussions on community psychological well being
- Plan and conduct sensitization, training sessions on mental health and psychosocial aspects in COVID-19 to Puskesmas staff, COVID-19 Task Force, caders, community leaders, faith leaders, key community figures and other relevant stakeholders in the community
- Develop and/or adapt training modules as well as information, education and communication (IEC) materials on mental health and psychosocial topics to be used in the session
- Provide Psychological First Aid and psycho-education to the affected families, discharged patients and other affected community members when needed
- Compile the data and statistic linked with MH activities
- Build and ensure cordial relationship with Puskesmas and community including community leaders, faith leaders, local authorities, caders and other key community figures to ensure the smooth running of activities, collaboration, and community engagement
- Utilizing his/her updated mental health and psychological knowledge and skills, participate in knowledge sharing with MSF colleagues through trainings and information/brainstorming sessions
- Report to, coordinate and liaise closely with MSF Medical Coordination in all areas of work to ensure smooth implementation of activities and ensure activities conducted are in line with MSF values, principles, and operational framework.
- Education: Master in Psychology (M.Psi/Clinical Psychologist).
- Experience: Minimum two years of experience in training and clinical psychology
- Languages: Local languages and mission language essential.
- Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
- People Management.
How to apply
Please send your application: Cover Letter, Updated Curriculum Vitae including name, addresses, email address & phone number of 3 (three) referents to Human Resource – MSF Indonesia via email: email@example.com and should indicate “Application for COVID-19 Mental Health Consultant” on the email subject.
Applications will be considered until one week after the release date of Job vacancy. Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association.
Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.