International Development Law Organization Job Vacancies 2020
- Organization: IDLO – International Development Law Organization
- Location: Jakarta (Indonesia)
- Grade: Level 3 – Process Management Support Role – Administrative support
- Occupational Groups:
- Project and Programme Management
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2020-07-14
IDLO IN INDONESIA
The partnership between IDLO and Indonesia dates back to 2006. Over more than a decade, IDLO has worked with and supported the development of effective, accountable and inclusive justice sector institutions, and has partnered with civil society organizations and academia to enhance access to justice and the rule of law. Further building on the results achieved to date, its worldwide networks, and the relationship with national counterparts, IDLO anticipates further building its programming in Indonesia, including through providing technical support to enhance the effectiveness, accountability, and transparency of the Indonesian Public Prosecution Service.
The Department of Programs is the central management and coordinating function for program delivery and capacity development. It is responsible for the implementation of IDLO’s global program portfolio for field and non-field locations in line with organizational strategy.
Reporting to the Field Program Manager, Indonesia, the Program Associate works in close collaboration between IDLO Offices (Headquarters and Field locations) and internal support functions to provide administrative and process support to program teams in order to support program delivery.
In close coordination with the country team, the Program Associate will be responsible for the following main duties:
Provide administrative support to the program team and ensure process integrity, including:
- Support mission preparation including preparation of Travel Request, visa, etc.;
- Assist in the on-boarding of new Programs staff, including preparing background readings;
- Ensure internal IDLO processes are followed including preparation and follow up of Travel Requests, Payment Request, Purchase Requisitions;
- Draft meetings minutes, including calls with external donors/partners;
- Organize and maintain a master file of program-related data and materials, program record files, technical publications, contracts, etc., to be made available to management when requested;
- Support the implementation of consistent templates and tools across the various programs;
- Assist with translations related to the program (if applicable);
Support the coordination of work and information flow between offices (HQ/Field) and support functions (e.g. HR, Office of the General Counsel, Finance, Procurement) focusing on the following:
- Support in processing contracts and amendments for Contractors/Consultants. Maintain up to date files and alert the Supervisor of action needed to be taken;
- Coordinate with Human Resources to ensure that administrative aspects of new hires are processed;
- Provide support to program development including coordinating amongst program teams and support functions;
- Coordinate the transmission of draft and narrative reports between offices/units;
- Initiate the process of obtaining signatures and approvals of documents, including drafting and circulating routing slips;
- Assist in the organization of institutional and program events/courses/external visits/presentations, and coordinate with other IDLO interested departments about these;
Carry out desk research on specific topics in order to provide input to support the development of new proposals, concept notes, briefing notes, summary status reports, and donor narrative reports, including:
- Proposals, concept notes, briefing notes, summary status reports, and donor narrative reports;
- Provide input into IDLO publications, communications materials, web content, etc.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Education and Work Experience
- A University degree in Social Science, Law, or a similar field is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience, providing program support preferably within international organizations/settings.
- Demonstrated experience working on rule of law and with justice institutions is an advantage.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia are required.
Specific knowledge, skills and competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines and to respond timely to queries and provide feedback;
- Sound computer skills, including Word and Excel in a Microsoft Windows environment;
- Ability and willingness to travel within the country;
- Ability to work well with others and actively participates, works effectively across and within IDLO organizational boundaries;
- Organized, flexible, and detail-oriented and a team-player;
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate;
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
IDLO shall offer the selected candidate an affiliate contract initially for 12 months, with the possibility of extension, subject to performance and availability of funding.
IDLO Offers competitive remuneration and benefits for locally-recruited employees including comprehensive annual leave, medical insurance, etc.
This vacancy is open to local nationals, permanent residents of the duty station, or individuals holding other legal authorization permitting to work in the duty station.
In the interest of making the most effective use of resources, only the short-listed candidates will be contacted during the selection process.
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their application online by uploading only – i) Updated CV/Resume & ii) Cover letter.
Should you wish to apply for this position, please see CLICK HERE
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Employee assigned to this work. This may not be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
We do our best to provide you the most accurate info, but closing dates may be wrong on our site. Please check on the recruiting organization’s page for the exact info. Candidates are responsible for complying with deadlines and are encouraged to submit applications well ahead.