CARITAS INDONESIA JOB VACANCIES 2020
- Job Title: Human Resources Officer
- Location: East Jakarta
- Division: Office Management
- Date: a.s.a.p.
BACKGROUND OF THE POSITION
Caritas Indonesia (Yayasan Karina) is the humanitarian arm of the Bishops’ Conference of Indonesia based in Central Jakarta and is officially considered as a member of the Caritas Internationalist confederation. Caritas Indonesia (Karina) is an active member of the Caritas Internationalis (CI) Confederation which has 167 members around the globe. Caritas is the Church’s heart and spearhead to spread the love for poor people. By using the Caritas Internationalis Management Standard (CIMS), Caritas Indonesia wants to help the social works of the Catholic Church in Indonesia to alleviate poverty and injustice. Caritas Indonesia’s works are integrated with CI’s strategic orientations, such as serving out of love, reducing the impact of humanitarian crises by enhancing disaster preparedness and response, empowering communities to eradicate all forms of poverty and unjust structure, amplifying the voices of the poor through education, communication, and publication, as well as building a stronger Caritas based on professionalism, resource mobilization and the involvement of young people.
Caritas Indonesia was established in mid-2006 and acts as a coordinating, animating, and facilitating body for all the Diocesan Caritas or Pastoral Commissions in 37 Dioceses. This humanitarian organization is incorporated under the Bishops’ Conference of Indonesia. Further, Caritas Indonesia consists of Program Division, Finance Division, and Office Management Division.
DESCRIPTION OF THE DIVISION
The Office Management is one of the 3 Divisions in Caritas Indonesia. The Division leads for organizing and coordinating office administration and procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency, and safety. It is not limited to developing communications protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, inventory control, office staff supervision, and task delegation.
The HR Officer will report to the HR Coordinator of Caritas Indonesia (Karina).
The contract will be one year (1 year) with the possibility of extension.
DETAILS OF ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Described under each of the following sub-titles as needed)
- Being responsible for hiring, developing, and looking after employees which involves training and monitoring performance.
- Being responsible for managing internal communications including drafting official letters, protocols, and advising on employment law, policies, job descriptions, advertisements, and procedures.
- Being the focus person for the health, safety, and welfare of all employees.
- Managing employee development and performance management.
- Proposing ToR of new recruitment, posting job advertisements, and being the first screener on recruitment.
- Developing and doing proper record-keeping documents related to employees and not limited to contracts, leave, and insurance benefits in the form of hard copies and digital records as well as on MoUs with donors and inventory assets.
- Orientating new employees and monitoring employees performance and trainings.
- Planning on activities and budget for employees’ capacity buildings.
- Reviewing and advising line supervisor on new regulations from the Government that affects the employees.
- Being responsible for drafting official letters and other forms of communications on behalf of the organization.
- Ensuring meticulous implementation of payroll and benefits administration.
- Ready to deploy to emergency areas as a representative of Caritas Indonesia.
- As an institution’s representative in any coordination forums in Indonesia which will be facilitating in sharing of information, lessons learned, and experiences for staff and Diocesan Caritas institutions.
- Undertake any other tasks given by his/her supervisor and Executive Director of Caritas Indonesia as long as his/her main tasks are not interrupted and still manageable
- A strong will to learn main Catholic Church documents, such as Deus Caritas Est, Caritas Veritate, Evangelii Gaudium, and Laudato Si’ as the spiritual foundation of Caritas Indonesia.
- A strong commitment to humanity’s compassion and service to poor people as it is described in Catholic Social Teaching.
- Obeying Caritas Indonesia’s vision, mission, and principles as well as Caritas Internationalis guiding values and principles.
- Being able to work in a team, internally with program staff and working team from another institution.
- Having a good planning and work execution with precise outcomes and schedule.
- Having a strong ability to balance self-condition, mentally and emotionally.
- Participatory and communicative.
- Efficient, accurate, and supportive.
- No corruption, accountability, and responsible.
- Transparent (must appropriate with what had been spent and had been accepted, also show supportive evidences).
- Graduate from S1/S2. Psychology or Management specialized in Human Resources graduates is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience as an HR Officer in a non-profit organization or private organization.
- Maximum 35 years old
- Familiarity with the Not-For-Profit sector and the Catholic organization or network, having experience working with or related to Government is an advantage.
- Labor Relations certifications may be advantageous.
- Full understanding of HR functions and best practices.
- Having the ability to communicate and good working relationships with all level employees.
- Well-developed written official letters and reporting skills as well as familiarity with technology.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia, both written and oral.
- Ability to work independently as required and at the same time able to work in teamwork.
Application, CV and contact details for 3 references should be submitted by e-mail to: email@example.com and cc to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com at the latest on 15 July 2020 with the email subject: HR_Officer_[Name]_Application.