Solidar Suisse Job Vacancies 2020
TERMS OF REFERENCE
- Position: Business Coordinator (Consultancy 100%)
- Duty station: Donggala Regency, with frequent travel to Palu, Central Sulawesi Reporting line: Livelihoods Project Manager
Solidar Suisse is a Swiss NGO established in 1936 (then called Swiss Labor Assistance). Today, the organization is active in development cooperation and humanitarian aid in 16 countries worldwide, fighting for global fairness.
In Indonesia, Solidar Suisse became active following the devastating earthquake and tsunami in Sulawesi and immediately started to collaborate with partner organizations to provide humanitarian assistance.
For the recovery phase, Solidar Suisse implements a comprehensive emergency project with the local partner organization MDMC in the livelihood sector to support affected people mainly in rural areas in Central Sulawesi.
To implement these initiatives, a highly qualified team is being established. For this purpose, we are seeking a motivated, skilled and experienced Business Coordinator to coordinate and manage the value chain development component of the livelihoods project of this program.
The Business Coordinator will support the Livelihood Project Manager and external Experts in conducting value chain assessments, engage and empower producer organizations, BUMDES, and other actors along the value chains of the selected products, manage trainings and provide ToT for the field team.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Business Coordinator will support the Livelihood Project Manager in coordinating and managing the program activities in the selected villages. Under direct supervision of the Livelihoods Project Manager, s/he will facilitate several value chain assessments, establish or revive and empower local producer organizations and engage other actors along the value chains of the selected products. S/he will also facilitate the training of trainers for the business facilitators and coordinate other relevant activities for micro-entrepreneurs to recover their livelihoods following the devastating earthquake and tsunami in Central Sulawesi. S/he will manage a team of approximately five business facilitators. S/he will establish and maintain positive, collaborative, and productive relationships with project staff, implementing partners, beneficiaries, and relevant stakeholders. S/he will also collaborate with the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Expert to ensure the implementation of the MEAL framework.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Business Coordinator is entrusted with the following tasks:
- Coordinate and facilitate project kick-off meetings in the selected villages
- Coordinate the value chain assessments of the selected products
- Coordinate and facilitate the process of producer group selection, establishment, engagement and empowerment
- Develop and/or adapt the training curriculum and training materials
- Coordinate the schedules of training and exposure visits for the target producer organizations, BUMDES and other actors along the value chains of the selected products
- Develop and produce training curriculum, training material, and IEC materials
- Lead training activities and when relevant facilitate training of the business facilitators and the producer organizations
- Ensure quality control and management of training, assessment and engagement activities
- Facilitate data collection for Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) framework for information to be used for planning, learning and reporting purposes
- Liaise and coordinate with the implementing partner to ensure effective delivery of value chain development activities
- Regularly report to the Livelihoods Project Manager (incl. written reports)
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Livelihoods Project Manager
REQUIRED PROFILE AND EXPERIENCE
The training coordinator has the following profile and experience:
- University degree or relevant working experience of at least 7 years
- Experience in agribusiness and working for private companies
- Experience in the implementation of value chain development projects
- At least 5 years of training facilitation, coordination and partner collaboration experience, preferable some experiences in post disasters contexts
- Understanding of and experience with community facilitation and participatory training techniques
- Passion for working with micro-entrepreneurs and a good understanding of the situation of survivors following the devastating earthquake and tsunami in Central Sulawesi
- Experience in developing and adaptation of training curriculum, materials, and IEC
- Ability to collaborate with partners and colleagues and establish a constructive working atmosphere
- Excellent skills in activity planning and coordination
- Proven ability to develop, coordinate and monitor work plans and training plans
- Strong interpersonal, time management and communication skills
- Strong verbal and written English skills would be preferred
- Ability to work under pressure and willingness to work flexible hours
DURATION AND STARTING DATE
We look for a candidate who is able to start on 1 August 2020, with a contract duration of 12 months with the possibility of extension for another 10 months.
If you are interested in this assignment and meet the requirements, please send your application including a detailed CV, and contact details of 3 referees by e-mail with Subject “Business Coordinator” to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by Friday, 14 July 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.