Yayasan Nurani Luhur Masyarakat Job Vacancies 2020
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL OFFICER)
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Location: Deli Serdang
Yayasan Nurani Luhur Masyarakat (YNLM) is a Non-profit organization concern on community development based in Medan. YNLM has program operation in North Sumatera and Lombok, Nusa Tenggara Barat, and the possibility to expand to other areas in Indonesia. The work focus area of the project relates to Education, Health and Livelihood.
In consultation with the Project Coordinator the MEAL Officer will lead the technical and strategic Monitoring and Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) processes for the country program; design, develop and implement a MEAL system; communicate evidenced-based results internally to inform management and program decisions, program participants (beneficiaries and duty bearers) for accountability; support knowledge/capacity building about MEAL among project and partner staff on in line with project standards; assist the program staff and advisors, providing technical assistance to design and implement research studies, surveys, and evaluations; set-up beneficiary accountability mechanisms and community feedback protocols, e.g. a Suggestion Box; support the supervision, monitoring and evaluation of all projects to ensure that quality, accountability, and reporting standards are met; aggregate M&E info-data from project staff to inform program design/redesign; promote program accountability, learning and sharing among staff, partners and other stakeholders; support positive relations (stewardship) by drafting reports, stories and other communication pieces to targeted audiences as requested; and ensure compliance with branding and marking plans.
RESPONSIBILITY AND TASK
Design, develop and implement the MEAL system
- Design a system for monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning using standard project tools and other M&E guidance and tools that fit the project.
- With project coordinator, ensure proper use of the agreed MEAL system/protocols per project policies and procedures
- Provide input as requested for project design, funding proposals and budgets to ensure that MEAL activities are realistic, budgeted and in line with project guidelines/requirements
- Support the MEAL roll-out plan for the project
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Ensure the collection and analysis of accurate information and data (quantitative and qualitative), to be used in project reporting, and in decision-making for improved project performance.
- Ensure the reliable and accurate project participants counts, including required disaggregation for age and gender, and to avoid duplicate counting
- Participate in the design, implementation, and analysis of final evaluation surveys in collaboration with project staff and/or external consultants.
- Support visual results and impact reporting of projects with graphics, photos, videos, and maps. Follow project policy and best practices on the use of images and videos of beneficiaries.
- Compile and provide required data for reporting project requirements
- Undertake field visits to monitor project quality, discuss results with relevant staff, and prepare reports to be shared with the project coordinator and relevant colleagues
- Work with the project team to develop data collection tools and to regularly collect quality data
- Support the project team to set up a Feedback Process to respond to complaints/concerns/feedback from beneficiaries
- Maintain the Feedback Process database; ensure participation from men and women, boys and girls
- Compile and analyze accounting data from the field on a monthly basis and share reports with the project coordinator
Learning, Knowledge Management, and Innovation
- Orient project staffs to MEAL essentials
- Lead MEAL capacity building activities
- Help Project staff implement MEAL plans
- Aggregate and share information for the webpage, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Manage communications-related consultants, such as photographers
- Help project staff write meaningful stories for external communication about most of the significant changes for individuals, communities, partnerships, etc.
Representative of YNLM, Liaise effectively with officers within YNLM or partners, and Proactively attend other relevant health, education, livelihood issues/coordination meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in development, statistics, or related studies
- At least 3 years of professional experience leading MEAL systems.
- Demonstrated skills in MEAL projects in development
- At least 3+ years’ experience with an I/NGO and with evidence-based M&E
- Experience designing and carrying out qualitative and quantitative research and using research results in project design
- Demonstrated experience in info-data management and familiar with technologies in social research
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong written and spoken English
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary and multicultural team, to work successfully in the field, and to manage and move groups of people toward completion of activities.
- Commitment to and understanding of the Organization’s aims, values, and principles.
MEAL Technical Skills
- Ability to design and develop, or adapt from existing resources:
- Info-data collections tools for monitoring based on matrix results framework.
- Questionnaires for quantitative surveys and interview guides for qualitative studies.
- Tools for processing and storing info-data: create and manage databases using Excel, Access or other similar data management platforms, and create and effectively structure survey data files.
- Know advanced techniques for random sampling, including the estimation of sample size, the calculation of weights, the calculation of the estimation errors, and confidence intervals; advanced descriptive statistics and statistical inference so as to select samples and perform appropriate statistical tests to remove the evidence of differences between results or between groups (experimental and control); and at least one statistical software such as SPSS or equivalent, preferred.
Submission of Interest
Submit your current CV, cover letter with references to Yayasan Nurani Luhur Masyarakat (YNLM) email@example.com and CC to Wilda Sihombing (Project Coordinator) firstname.lastname@example.org not later than August 25th, 2020.
Please specify the position name you are applying for ‘MEAL_DS_Your name’ in the ‘subject’ line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified