EcoNusa Foundation Job Vacancies 2020
EcoNusa Foundation is a non-profit organization that aims to enhance various local initiatives of Tanah Papua at national and international levels in an effort to provide support for sustainable management of natural resources in Indonesia. The EcoNusa Foundation was established on July 21, 2017 in Jakarta. EcoNusa encourages the development of the capacity of civil society organizations to conduct advocacy, campaigns, communication, stakeholder engagement, and dialogue among stakeholders to meet the sustainable management of natural resources and promote transparency, conservation, and equality values. To achieve its mission, EcoNusa carries out several programs including: Local Community Resilience, Policy Advocacy, Eastern Indonesia Communication Center, and Local Economic Development.
The Econusa urgently invites the best, most-talented and highly-motivated individuals to apply for the following vacancies:
Ocean Policy Advocacy and Strategic Engagement Coordinator
Duty Station: Jakarta
Full Time (1 year)
PURPOSE OF JOB
He/she will engage with relevant stakeholders in carrying out their work including work closely with NGO coalition and partners to ensure recommendations are built based on evidence and responses and needs.
The approach strategy taken is to provide assistance to opinion-shapers, decision makers, policy development research relating to key policy areas, communicating through publications and social media, and organizing public events, seminars, roundtables, workshops and delivering advice to relevant government officials, policy specialists, practioners, business and other relevant civil society associations.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with EcoNusa partner and allies to develop plans and strategies for policy development on priority issues related with Ocean and Marine.
- Develop EcoNusa’s positioning in advocacy as a driver and initiator of the coalition.
- Conduct regular engagement with the central and local governments including other key institutions such as legislative (DPR/DPRD), political parties, community organizations and relevant individual contacts and networks to ensure more effective policies on sustainable marine and fisheries justice
- Conduct advocacy coordination on marine and fisheries issues in EcoNusa priority areas together with NGOs and networks.
- Conduct monitoring on marine and fisheries policies development and follow its process and create regular update to coalition.
- Work closely with EcoNusa communication staff to ensure activities and publications are delivered regularly to public through internal communication channels and media partners.
- Implement communication strategy and develop EcoNusa’s ocean program portofoli at the national and local levels. This includes liaison to media journalists.
- Carry out evaluation and analysis related key policies and regulary create policy paper, brief, articles and stories.
- Carry out office administrative and regularl report to provide updates
- Develope knowledge and sharing lessons learned to other EcoNusa staff
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCES
- Obtain bachelor’s degree from Law, Social Politics, Economic Development, Environmental, Fisheries, Communication, Marine.
- Have work experience in policy advocacy, especially in marine and fisheries issues at least 4 years.
- Has worked in a marine conservation and fisheries NGO in same position are preferred.
- Have good knowledge related to Indonesia marine and fisheries laws and policies. This includes policies protection for small scale fishers/ fish farmers and coastal communities.
- Have experience in public policy research and advocacy or similar positions in NGOs or have worked on similar projects.
- Possess good policy analysis skills and the ability to prepare policy papers, policy briefs and articles for a various audience.
- Have an excellent communication skill and is a good public speaking. Able to communicate with policy makers and including journalists.
- Is a team player and problem solver who can work independently with minimum supervision
- Flexible and dynamic character and has a good network.
Internal – Close coordination with Ocean and Communication team.
External – Close coordination with NGO partners. In addition, build communication and coordination with the government, legislative parties, legal and political institutions, media and journalists, and other CSOs.
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
Please submit your letter of application, recent curriculum vitae and your policy analysis writing regarding sustainable marine and fisheries by email to email@example.com with subject “Ocean Policy Advocacy and Strategic Engagement Coordinator” no later than August 23, 2020.