Position Title: Finance Assistant (1 Position)
Contract Duration: 1 year, with possibility of extension
Expected Start Date: October 2020
Salary: ASB offers a competitive salary package commensurate with experience
Closing Date: Sunday, August 30, 2020
Arbeiter-Samariter-Bund (ASB) is a German relief and social-welfare organization engaged in a wide range of social service provisions in Germany and abroad. ASB started working in Indonesia in 2006 following the Yogyakarta earthquake and in the Philippines in 2014 following Typhoon Haiyan. ASB Indonesia and the Philippines are committed to improving meaningful access and participation for all. Strengthening individuals, communities, organizations, networks, and decision-makers’ capacities to create positive change, and enhance societies’ ability to manage risk.
To ensure ASB’s accounting and financial procedures are maintained to the highest standards in a professional, transparent, and accountable manner. In cooperation with other Finance Staff prepare, manage, record, report, and maintain the financial accounts of ASB Indonesia according to internal standards, as well as expectations and regulations of donors, local partners, and the Indonesian government. The Finance Assistant is responsible to support ASB’s Finance Department to proceed with payments and to ensure all payments comply with ASB, donors, and partners regulation, supported with necessary documents, recorded, and documented according to ASB and partners’ requirements. Serve under the direction of the Accountant and Finance Coordinator to process and properly document all daily finance transactions, inefficient and timely manner.
- Minimum Diploma (D3) in accounting, business administration, or another related field.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in finance and accounting.
- Knowledge of Indonesian Tax regulation.
- Able to speak and write in English is an advantage.
- Flexible, able to multi-task, work well under pressure as a team player in a multicultural environment, able to work independently as well as in a multicultural team.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Fully computer literate and proficient in Microsoft office.
- Experience of working in a well-recognized international NGO is an asset.
- Willingness to travel and be flexible in the situation of emergency.
For detailed info on the vacancy and how to apply, please visit: CLICK HERE