Coral Triangle Center Job Vacancies 2020
CTC is a foundation based and registered in Indonesia with a regional scope and global impact. Established in 2010, CTC works closely with local communities, private sector, governments, and partners to strengthen marine resource management in the Coral Triangle to protect coral reef ecosystems, ensure sustainable livelihoods and food security. CTC supports on-the-ground conservation in Nusa Penida in Bali, Banda, Lease and Bueno Islands in Maluku, and Sula Islands in North Maluku, as well as Atauro Island and Liquica in Timor-Leste. Since its inception in 2010, CTC has been supporting the government of Indonesia with the establishment and implementation of an effective management Nusa Penida Marine Protected Area. Through the establishment of MPAs in Indonesia and Timor-Leste, we have protected 387,000 hectares of critical marine habitat and helped restore fish stocks for local communities.
CTC is a certified training center of the Government of Indonesia and an official partner of the Coral Triangle Initiative on Coral Reefs, Fisheries, and Food Security. We have developed 26 training modules and trained over 5,000 people throughout the region. CTC leads and supports regional learning networks of women leaders, local government executives and marine protected area practitioners in the Coral Triangle region. CTC is developing its Center for Marine Conservation in Bali as an integrated learning space for training programs, outreach activities, and artistic and cultural performances to influence millions of people to care for our oceans and those who depend on it. CTC is a member of the IUCN and development partners of the Coral Triangle Initiative for Coral Reefs, Fisheries, and Food Security (CTI-CFF).
CTC applies to face to face training and online/virtual training. With the growing demand for virtual training to serve the segmented market of marine and fisheries resource managers and practitioners in The Coral Triangle and to cope with the current pandemic conditions, the virtual learning platform becomes somewhat essential. A virtual learning platform allows for a wider range of participants to join and it offers options to learn at their own pace.
By the end of 2020, we are expecting to develop at least 4 virtual training curriculum and modules to serve marine and fisheries managers and practitioners in Indonesia and the Coral Triangle countries. Although curriculum and modules are developed for those target groups, the virtual training sessions will be made available for those who are interested to learn the topics.
Virtual Training Officer (VTO) is a Consultant position that will be hired for 4 months to mainly supporting the growing need for virtual training development both content (curricula, modules, teaching aid) and session. VTO may work remotely from home with frequent coordination calls at the assigned period.
Duties and Responsibility
Virtual Training Officer will play an important role in managing the CTC online training platform. The tasks include:
- Transforming available training materials into an online training platform and syllabus.
- Research and provide selections of potential online training aid.
- Support the deployment of virtual learning platform including uploading and updating courseware and curricula, training assignments, learner notification text and rules in CTC Online Learning Platform
- Maintaining data and content in the platform Develop online training documentation and user manual for an administrator.
- Together with the Training Administration officers administer online/virtual training from preparation, implementation, and reporting.
- Support Knowledge Management Specialist to ensure online training platform works optimum and effective.
- May facilitate live and recorded virtual learning.
- Developing summary reports of the virtual trainings organized and hosted by CTC.
- This consultant position day-to-day work may include performing miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & required knowledge and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in training, adult education, and/or multimedia training materials development.
- Familiar with virtual training and meeting platform.
- Has strong knowledge and skill in managing, operating, and troubleshooting a Learning Management System (MOODLE and/or Blackboard system).
- Has strong knowledge and skill in the field of designing digital content material
development and online course design in general.
- Experience with HTML and audio and video editing software preferred. Demonstrate good analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, multi-tasking, excellent in time management.
- Creative in creating online learning activities
- Ability to work effectively and collegially with all staff.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Good command in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Ability to solve technical problems independently or in teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Has a good team spirit and a positive attitude.
- She/he must be able to work in a team.
- Evening and weekend work to achieve program goals may be required.
- Duties require communicating effectively.