EcoNusa Foundation Job Vacancies 2020
EcoNusa Foundation is a non-profit organization that aims to enhance various local initiatives of Tanah Papua at national and international levels in an effort to provide support for sustainable management of natural resources in Indonesia. The EcoNusa Foundation was established on July 21, 2017, in Jakarta. EcoNusa encourages the development of the capacity of civil society organizations to conduct advocacy, campaigns, communication, stakeholder engagement, and dialogue among stakeholders to meet the sustainable management of natural resources and promote transparency, conservation, and equality values. To achieve its mission, EcoNusa carries out several programs including Local Community Resilience, Policy Advocacy, Eastern Indonesia Communication Center, and Local Economic Development.
The Econusa urgently invites the best, most-talented and highly-motivated individuals to apply for the following vacancies:
Ocean Communication Coordinator
Duty Station: Jakarta
Full Time (1 year)
PURPOSE OF JOB
This position will responsible for developing and ensuring the implementation of communication strategies, work plans, and project communication plans for Ocean related programs. Coordinate and synergize with all relevant staff to build programs and work plans in integrated communication units and meet project targets in the annual plan and ensure that they are carried out properly. In this case, the Ocean Communication Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that all activities of the Ocean Program are published through various media in a timely manner.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensuring public events (campaigns, press conferences, media gatherings, press briefings, seminars/workshops with external audiences) are planned and run according to the EcoNusa branding strategy and program including supporting materials.
- Build and maintain communication to get support from the public, NGO partners, government, donor agencies, and local media.
- Making and ensuring the availability of various communication materials (fact sheets, articles, social media content, program updates, etc.) needed for profiling and or reporting on project implementation.
- Ensuring the communication products produced are of good quality and comply with EcoNusa’s communication standards/guidelines.
- Fostering relationships with mass media (mainstream and social media) to strengthen the image and goals of the program and the organization’s mission.
- Building local or national journalists/media relations, relevant local, national and international NGOs working for marine and fisheries issues.
- Contribute to influencing policymakers/advocacy processes to be in line with EcoNusa’s vision and mission through a communication strategy.
- Contribute to the team-building educational material and implementing training programs or sharing information that can be delivered to the beneficiary community.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCES
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in communication or journalism
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in journalistic, communication, media, publications, campaigns
- Good writing skills
- Have a good knowledge of publication material
- Have a good understanding of media communication, including campaign skills
- Able to coordination experience with partners
- Able to speak and write in English
- It would be better if you have design and photography skills
- Ability to work in teams or individually, with minimum supervision
- Outgoing, able to communicate and coordinate with various parties well
- Independent, smart, and strategic thinking ability
- Internal – Works under Ocean team and close coordination with the Communication Department
- External – Coordinates with government, journalist, vendors and other stakeholders
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
Please submit your letter of application and recent curriculum vitae together with portfolios by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Ocean Communication Coordinator” no later than August 23, 2020.