GIZ Job Vacancies 2020
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations on behalf of the German Government.
The “Sustainable Agricultural Supply Chains in Indonesia (SASCI)“ project, in collaboration with its main government partner, Ministry of Agriculture (specifically the Directorate General of Estate Crops) supports the Government of Indonesia in its efforts to reduce GHG emissions from deforestation and forest degradation by promoting sustainable supply chains for selected agricultural commodities (primarily natural rubber and palm oil) by smallholder farmers in Kapuas Hulu district, West Kalimantan. With the project aiming for a jurisdictional approach, the project objective “Establishment of deforestation-free agricultural supply chains for renewable commodities with global markets“ shall ensure that legally protected forest ecosystems in Kapuas Hulu district (the „jurisdiction“) in West Kalimantan province are not negatively affected in quality (degradation) or quantity (deforestation) by the production of selected agricultural commodities.
The project comprises four main outputs: (1) Strengthening the capacity of smallholder farmers for sustainable production of natural rubber and palm oil (and other agricultural commodities); (2) Increasing the capacity of government organizations, civil society actors and the private sector for sustainable agricultural commodity supply chain implementation, including conflict-resolution mechanisms; (3) Strengthening national initiatives for implementation of sustainable agricultural commodity supply chains; (4) Smallholder farmers in Kapuas Hulu district, West Kalimantan have access to global markets. Project progress and impacts will be measured through a set of indicators at out-come and results level (Results-Based Monitoring – RBM).
To support implementation of the project, we seek one (1) motivated and qualified Indonesian candidate for:
Advisor on M&E and Knowledge Management
The incumbent Technical Adviser on M&E and Knowledge Management, supervised by and in close coordination with the Principal Adviser and in collaboration with the project partners at district, provincial and national level, the team of project technical advisers, and main collaborators, shall be responsible for the establishment/adaptation and successful implementation (including capacity building as required) of a results-based monitoring system for SASCI, capable of monitoring and reporting project impacts, results, indicator targets, externalities and risks, cross-cutting issues, unintended results, etc.
S/he shall contribute to the establishment of systems and procedures for the management of knowledge with particular focus on lessons learned, best practices, and concepts and approaches developed during project implementation, and for the effective communication of these to all relevant parties and the general public.
Specific responsibilities of the incumbent shall include:
- Establishment and operation of a results-based monitoring system for the project, based on the MONEV 4.0 proposal, in collaboration with the M&E staff in FORCLIME and PROPEAT.
- Drafting of regular monitoring reports for the attention of project management and governance structures.
Drafting of routine progress reports and other reports as relevant.
- Documentation of lessons learned, best practices, concepts, and approaches generated as part of project implementation.
- Establishment and implementation of knowledge management systems for the project team and partners/stakeholders.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Contribute to setting up and/or adapting a results-based monitoring system (input/process/output) and routines for the project, with focus on “value for money”, sufficient to meet the demands of project steering and management as well as the reporting requirements from the commissioning party, and at a reasonable cost and effort by the project.
- Ensure systematic and regular gathering of data and other information required for the monitoring of project implementation and steering, using the most appropriate means and sources of gathering the necessary input data.
- Train project staff in documentation and feeding-in of monitoring data.
- Process and analyze monitoring data received and prepare graphical presentations and “activity-tracker” tables.
- Draft regular monitoring reports for the attention of the project management and the project steering structure.
- At regular intervals, for example, semi-annually, plan, prepare and implement monitoring visits to project locations and partners, to evaluate the usefulness and appropriateness of the monitoring system (MONEV 4.0), and to validate how well the monitoring data gathered to reflect the actual situation on the ground, together with technical advisers and partner staff.
- Maintain regular contacts with the relevant government monitoring units and staff in the partner organizations at national, provincial, and district levels.
Networking and Communication
- Develop and publish, in collaboration with the members of the GIZ priority area Environment and Climate Change, leaflets, flyers, and other media suitable for creating public awareness of SASCI activities, thus promoting GIZ and German Development Cooperation in Indonesia.
- Liaise closely with the Public Relations division of the Ministry of Agriculture to disseminate information and create awareness of SASCI activities among target audiences.
- Manage and supervise consultants (graphic designers, printers, videographers, etc.) in the layout and production of relevant documents, briefs, folders, articles, videos, etc. following GIZ PR guidelines.
- Be the communication focal point for SASCI and liaise with monitoring staff of the GIZ Country Office, and of other GIZ implemented projects, particularly those from the NRM Thematic Group.
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Manage and maintain updated the (future) SASCI project website in collaboration with the responsible web designer and the SASCI team.
- Edit and prepare relevant documents and reports for publication.
- Assist in the development of PowerPoint presentations and other digital presentations of SASCI as applicable, for use in meetings, conferences, seminars, symposiums, workshops, and other events with external participation.
- Manage and participate in the planning, preparation, implementation, and documentation of webinars.
Disseminate SASCI publications to relevant stakeholders, including via social media such as YouTube and Twitter.
- Liaise with Government Agencies, other donors, and relevant institutions for information and knowledge sharing.
- Collect and make available to SASCI all sector-relevant publications from Government Agencies, donors and relevant national and international institutions and organizations.
- Summarise publications and other documents in the English language.
- Support SASCI participation in or organizing of, exhibitions and knowledge fairs in relevant technical subjects.
Other duties/additional tasks
- Assists the Principal Adviser in responding to various in-house inquiries and surveys, such as Sustainability Handprint, BMZ Digital Portfolio, Country Office Services questionnaire, etc.
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University degree in agriculture, forestry, communication, public administration, or another relevant field of study.
- Professional experience
- At least five years’ professional experience in a comparable position, for example within a government institution, civil society organization, research institution, or private company.
- Experience from working with Indonesian government institutions.
- An understanding of sustainable development concepts and the SDGs.
- Familiarity with the government of Indonesia medium-term and strategic planning processes and their indicator frameworks is desirable.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and general software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office Tools, MS Teams, others).
- Willingness to travel to SASCI project locations in West Kalimantan.
- Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and a very good written and spoken English indispensable.
- Willingness to upgrade skills as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures to be agreed with Project management.
Duty Station: Jakarta
Joining Date: As soon as possible
Direct Supervisor: Principal Advisor
Please submit your motivation letter and comprehensive resume (including training and list of references) to email@example.com by August 28th, 2020 with subject line SASCI – M&E and KM
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa_Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa_Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.