Hivos Southeast Asia Job Vacancies 2020
Hivos Southeast Asia is an International non-governmental organization guided by humanist values. It aims at structural poverty alleviation with a strong focus on civil society building and sustainable economic development. Hivos Southeast Asia provides financial support for local NGOs, is active in networking, lobbying, and exchanging knowledge and expertise. For its Hivos Southeast Asia seeks qualified Indonesian candidates for the position of:
- Title: Consultant for Program Sustainability Training Sustainable Diets for All
- Duty Station: Jakarta, Indonesia
- Duration: September-early October 2020
- Report to: Regional Advocacy Officer for Sustainable Diets for All
In January 2016, Hivos together with IIED launched a 5-year strategic partnership with the Dutch Government to transform the food system and promote sustainable diets.
Sustainable diets are healthy and diverse, respectful of ecosystems, culturally acceptable and economically fair and affordable for all. Together with civil society organizations, the program aims to influence the policies and practices of governments and the private sector.
The program supports civil society organizations to increase their capacity to influence policy and practices of market and government actors through citizen research, action, and related advocacy to promote sustainable diets for all.
Since the program will end in December 2020, there is a need to improve the capacity of SD4All partners on program development and achieve sustainability for past and current programs/activities.
The consultant will work closely with the Advocacy Officer of Hivos Southeast Asia and relevant staff.
The objectives of this training are to increase the skills of the partners in project sustainability including fundraising activities and adapting to the changing funding landscape.
The following topics are to Explored:
- Donor landscape, assess funding gaps, donor communications. This include reading trends, opportunities, formulate strategies and actions for its fundraising activities
- Increase fundraising techniques such as skills in:
- how to effectively read calls for proposals
- proposal writing, creating Theory of Change (TOC) to budgeting
- pitching to donor (right message, right time, right tools)
- Communication and visibility, inc. online presence, creating/documenting success e.g. stories of change to be integrated into the proposal or other media
- Building collaborations and partnership models with private sectors and philanthropy.
- September 2020: Final training materials (in Indonesian) & Facilitation of the training, including individual sessions
- Late September/ 1st week of October: Final documentation to Hivos, including recommendations to Hivos and partners (in English and Indonesian)
Knowledge, experiences and competencies
We are seeking an Indonesian person or a team with the following qualities:
- Affinity for Hivos’ vision and mission and are driven by a strong motivation to contribute to real and lasting change.
- Knowledge of and proven experience in the field of international development cooperation, donor landscape, dan fundraising (including but not limited to proposal writing and pitching)
- Knowledge of and proven experience in building partnership with the private sector and philanthropy
Interest and knowledge in sustainable food issues.
- Full professional proficiency in writing articles in English and Bahasa.
- Strong communicator in both English and Bahasa.
- Innovative and flexible and able to work in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders including with locally-based development partners.
How to apply
To apply for this consultancy position please submit your CV, a cover letter, your proposal, including budget and qualifications (for a team, the application team includes each team member and roles), work plan, as well as company profile if any – all documents in English to email@example.com and no later than 24 August 2020, with email subject: Consultant for Program Sustainability Training SD4ALL
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.