PLAN International Job Vacancies 2020
Yayasan Plan International Indonesia is presently implementing it’s country strategic 4 (CS 4) covering the fiscal year 2017 to 2022, where the country objective has been defined as “to identify and facilitate the removal of obstacles that prevent children from enjoying their rights and participating fully in Indonesian society”. The organization’s purpose is to “strive for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls”. This goal will be achieved by providing technical support and implementing quality programs and projects through partnership. An effective and efficient communications strategy is a must for Plan Indonesia to share the outcomes of these projects to influence different actors, especially state authorities, and to position Plan’s profile within and outside at different levels – starting from community, sub-district, district to national, regional and international levels. Yayasan Plan International Indonesia invites highly competent, experienced and committed professionals to fill the following position:
Consortia Project Manager – Jakarta Based
The Consortia Manager is a senior management position who will lead a DRM consortia project management to deliver 18-month project funded by European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations (ECHO) titled “Capacity Strengthening and Preparedness of Displacement & Protection Cluster for Effective, Accountable, and Locally Led Humanitarian Response in 3 Provinces in Indonesia”. The project will be implemented by Plan International and ADRA consortia in Indonesia, specifically in three provinces: Banten, West Nusa Tenggara Barat, and Central Sulawesi. The consortia members implementing the project are Plan Finland, ADRA Germany, Yayasan Plan International Indonesia, ADRA Indonesia, MDMC, RedR Indonesia, and Pujiono Centre. The consortia coordination and overall project management will be under the responsibility of Yayasan Plan International Indonesia.
The post-holder will be responsible for providing leadership and delivery of results for the project, leading the consortia and the project implementation management team from across five Indonesia-based NGOs. The postholder is required to ensure effective program planning, coordination, effective and efficient allocation of resources, and implementation of the project to achieve its key objectives that compliant with the donor and Plan International requirements. The scope of work will include leading a team, providing technical input and ensuring effective and harmonious project management and delivery, and provision of appropriate support for consortia implementing members.
Together with Consortia management team members, Consortia Manager will be reporting to Yayasan Plan International Indonesia’s Humanitarian and Resilience Program (HRP) Manager and Plan Finland as the Coordinating Agency.
Dimensions of the Role
- Report to the Humanitarian and Resilience Program Manager.
- Provide strategic direction to consortia members in harmonizing project planning, coordination, and implementation of the project; this will include monitoring project progress and achievement, management problem solving, internal coordination (among consortia members and to the Coordinating Agency), preparing project reports (narrative and financial) and representing the consortia in external forums/stakeholders.
- Provide essential management information, reports, and project management analysis to the management of Yayasan Plan International Indonesia and Plan Finland related to the project on a regular basis.
- Provide management leadership for the Consortia management team that comprises Consortia Finance Manager, Government Engagement Specialist, and Reporting and Data Management Assistant.
- Coordinate the work and maintain harmonious partnerships among consortia members, provide constructive feedback to the project team to be able to deliver project outputs through quality programming, and adapt project implementation strategies as necessary.
- Manage the relationship with external stakeholders, especially with the national government counterparts (Ministry of Social Affairs, National Disaster Management Agency), local governments in target provinces, relevant UN bodies, CSOs networks, and the donor to meet the highest standards of accountability and quality programming.
- Abide by the Humanitarian Ethics and principles, including Core Humanitarian Standards, Do No Harm, and Code of Conduct, and committed to comply with Plan International’s Global Policy on Safeguarding Children and Young People.
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
- Undergraduate degree in economics, social sciences, international relations/development, disaster risk management, or any relevant fields;
- At least 10 years’ progressive experience in program/project management and with a strong networking experience with governments and CSOs;
- Strong knowledge and technical program experience in humanitarian and disaster risk management;
- Knowledge and practical experience of utilizing Logical Framework Analysis (LFA) and Results-Based Management (RBM);
- Demonstrable experience in managing grants from major institutional donors (EU, DFAT, USAID, etc)
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills, able to lead processes, and coordinate between a wide range of technical experts.
- Representational skills, able to present information concisely and effectively to external actors
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
- Excellent people skills, team builder and enthusiastic team worker.
- Coaching, mentoring, training and facilitation skills.
- High level of computer proficiency.
- Master’s degree in international development, international relations, disaster management, social science/welfare, and gender.
- 5 years of experience working in managerial positions in non-governmental organizations and/or leading consortium.
- Experience in managing EU grants.
- Demonstrated work experience in humanitarian and development settings.
- Extensive knowledge of development and humanitarian landscapes and actors.