Food and Agriculture Organization Job Vacancies 2020
National Expert on Anti-Microbial Resistance (AMR)
FAO Indonesia in the collaboration with the Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries (MMAF), Indonesia has developed a Technical Cooperation Programme (TCP) on Support mitigation of Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) risk associated with aquaculture in Asia. The project is aiming to support major aquaculture producing countries including Indonesia to effectively address the AMR risk in aquaculture for human health and sustainability of the sector. This project will be working closely with Directorate General of Aquaculture.
The National Expert on Anti-Microbial Resistance will work under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Indonesia, the direct supervision of the AFAOR for Programme and in close collaboration with the RAP Aquaculture Officer (Lead Technical Officer (LTO). Furthermore, the National Expert will work in close coordination with the Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries (MMAF) and designated National Project Coordinator (NPC). Specifically, the National Expert will carry out the following tasks:
- Lead the facilitation, organization and implementation of country baseline survey with support from the Technical Implementation Units under the Directorate General of Aquaculture;
- Participate in the inception workshop and terminal workshops organized by the project both at the national and regional level and contribute to the preparation of the project planning;
- Facilitate the organization, implementation and supervision of national training on AMR surveillance and monitoring;
- Supervise the pilot surveillance and monitoring on AMR as part of the baseline survey activities;
- Facilitate the organization, implementation and supervision of farmers training on Good Aquaculture Practices;
- Provide technical support to the implementation of pilot demonstration on applying Good Aquaculture Practices prudent use of Antimicrobial in culture operation;
- In collaboration with the government partner, lead the review process for the current national action plan on taking AMR in aquaculture and provide recommendation for the consolidated national action plan on AMR;
- Develop the technical guideline on AMR in close consultation with the DG of Aquaculture;
- Work directly related government partners and stakeholders in project, planning implementation and evaluation activities;
- Provide technical reports on specific activities; and
- Carry out any other activities as instructed by LTO, the National Project Coordinator and/or the FAOR.
Education: A recognized post graduate degree in aquaculture with focus on aquatic animal health.
- Has at least 5 years working experiences in AMR and AMU in aquaculture
- Excellent communication skills, with national and sub-national government, national and international experts and local communities, if needed
- Demonstrated ability to open up to new approaches and new practices on the relevant project implementation
- Demonstrated commitment to participatory and bottom-up approaches
- Demonstrated ability to manage, including project management
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrating detail orientation, proactive attention to outcomes and expectations, and the ability to understand and effectively use information and data.
Languages: Fluency in written and spoken English
key performance indicators
- National Inception and National Dissemination Workshop Report
- Integrated Country Baseline report
- Training report on AMR surveillance and monitoring
- Training Report on Farmers Training on GAPs
- Field demonstration report
- Integrated National Action Plan on taking AMR in aquaculture
- Technical Guideline on AMR
- Mission BTOR reports and end of assignment report (cross cutting)
Required Completion Date:
- Based on the agreed timeline of the project
General Note to All Applicants:
Interested candidates should submit a CV and a covering letter ( In English) clearly stating their relevant skils, experience and email to: FAO-ID@fao.org, Submission deadline : 29th August 2020. All candidates should possess computer/word processing skills. FAO reserves the right not to make an appointment at a lower grade or to make an appointment with a modified job description. FAO regrets to inform applicants that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.