KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation Job Vacancies September 2020
Yayasan KNCV Indonesia is a non-profit organisation that aims to be a strong local and self-sustaining organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB) in Indonesia. Yayasan KNCV Indonesia promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in Indonesia. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the TB epidemic and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
For our new project, currently Yayasan KNCV Indonesia is looking for a: Communications Officer
Duty Station: Jakarta, Indonesia
Key Responsibilities include:
- Research and assess targeted project stakeholders
- Develop, implement, and evaluate communication strategies for external communication and for stakeholder engagement
- Translate and adapt input materials (study, research, and findings, etc.) for communication material
- Coordinate and work together with the Media and Comms Team on:
- Co-create and oversee media and public-oriented communication products (press release, media advisories, social media content, photo, video, infographics, fact sheet, etc.) to target audiences in accordance with latest communication techniques, including data visualization, and new media trends
- Build communication partnerships and media alliances
- Develop, manage, and elaborate social media strategies and activities across communication channels, including websites
- Monitor issues in the media-spaces and evaluate the result of communication’s product and strategy
- Develop and maintain website and social media to showcase project results and provide an outlet for the external profile of YKI.
- Provide advice to Project Coordinator on media strategy, messages for external communication
- Organize event, support the project and act as facilitator or moderator of public events, workshop, media gathering, including development of related communication material for those events
Partners and stakeholders
- Identify relevant partners and stakeholders among international organizations, local NGOs, private sector and health care providers
- Maintain an active network with patient support groups
- Design and maintain tools and formats to keep partners and stakeholders updated and involved (newsletter, e-group, etc.)
- Coordinate a mapping study of new and existing donors and funders in Indonesia
- Develop a fundraising strategy (private, institutional, donations to be explored as sources of income) and action plan
- Explore potential for working with other partners (corporate sector, public-private partnerships) and civil society organizations in Indonesia to develop effective public-private partnerships
Qualifications and Competencies:
- University graduate, advanced degree in communication, public relations, or any related fields
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience in the communication field, strong communication background with previous experience in communication and stakeholder engagement within an organization (public/private/NGOs)
- Excellent written skill, and proficiency in Indonesia and English.
- Good IT skills, MS Office, possess skill on graphic design software or communication software related tools is an advantage.
- Demonstrate good knowledge and understanding on public engagement, communication strategy and tools, and communication techniques both conventional and digital.
- Demonstrate ability to craft relevant messages for different audiences.
- Insightful and ability to think innovatively and strategically in advancing communication of project’s ideas and outputs.
- Take charge of self-development and take initiative.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a team and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers.
- Have proven insight in the NGO funding landscape in Indonesia, knowledge of current developments in funding mechanisms and a proven track record in external communications, including social media.
- Ability to organize and prioritize with eye for detail.
Yayasan KNCV Indonesia offers a flexible and supportive work environment and strongly encourages developing your skills and abilities to further your career opportunities.
Interested applicants are requested to submit their CV and application to email@example.com by 4 September, 20 at the latest
Please ensure to put the post you apply for in the subject line of your e-mail.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.