Lutheran World Relief Job Vacancies 2020
Urgently Required: Project Coordinator
Based in: Waingapu, Sumba Timur, NTT
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
Expected commence date: September 10, 2020
Lutheran World Relief (LWR), a U.S. based non-profit development organization engaged in seeking lasting solutions to poverty and reducing risk, is seeking an experienced Project Coordinator to implement their project in Sumba Timur. The project is implementing to reduce the vulnerability of East Sumba to climate change. This will be achieved through two main and interrelated approaches: forest conservation and savanna burning reduction. The commitment of the local community for conserving forests (such as protection, re-forestation, or agroforestry initiative) will be encouraged and facilitated through community-based forest management initiatives. Moreover, reducing savanna burning will be done by improving livestock rearing practices (sustainable grazing practice and fodder production).
The Project Coordinator (PC) is responsible for the field-based aspects of the Management of Resource for Agroforestry Development in East Sumba (MARADA) Project. This position will be hired under a consultant contract until 30 September 2020 and upon performance satisfaction, the person will be hired until September 2021 with the possibility for extension until 2022 under a definite employment contract.
S/he will ensure the overall project implementation as planned, build a network with project stakeholder in village, district as well as provincial level, identify and coordinate possible approaches for project sustainability, by carrying but not limited to major task below:
- Increase community capacity in managing savannah and forest, including agroforestry approach.
- Conduct organizational strengthening by developing planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation to the community group
- Coordinate with local government and any organization that may collaborate for a better contribution to the project and activities implementation
- Supervise Field Facilitators, provide coaching and problem solving, when needed.
- Taking initiative in provide recommendation for project approaches based on updated information or situation in community
- Work with field staffs, develop work plans, implementation schedules, and reporting timelines in conjunction with Program Manager
- Monitor budget spending at project level and notify any action needed to respond to budget spending
- Ensuring the project report and all their monitoring and evaluation meet required standard
- Ensuring that project activities are implemented based on the plan, report any delay and recommend any possible approaches to make the project provide better impact to community
- Deep commitment to LWR’s core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in forestry, agroforestry, and savanna is highly desirable, experience in organic farming and alternative livelihood is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with local government, community groups and stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability in managing a team including but not limited to the ability in providing technical direction to a team member
- Proficiency using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail and web browser software
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to provide written and oral reports in English preferred
- Understanding local culture is desirable
- Willing to be based in Waingapu, Sumba
All interested candidates should submit an updated CV, Cover Letter, three (3) professional references and salary expectation (not exceed 350kb) to JobsIndo@lwr.org Please put “Project Coordinator East Sumba_<your name>” in the subject line and put your name in the file name for CV (Sample, CV PC East Sumba_<your name>) and Cover Letter (Cover Letter PC East Sumba_<your name>).
Application deadline: 27 August 2020. Only shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview. No telephone inquiries please.