Médecins Sans Frontières Job Vacancies 2020
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF – Doctors Without Borders) is an International Humanitarian Aid Organization that provides assistance in more than 60 countries to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of religion, creed or political affiliation. To develop this work from Indonesia Mission.
MSF Indonesia is looking for IEC/HP (Information Education Community / Health Promotor) Manager
Location: Labuan – Banten
Under Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) of The Ministry of Health of The Republic of Indonesia (MOH), MSF and MOH are in collaboration in implementing of Adolescent Health, Management of Disaster and Health Crisis program in Province of Banten and DKI Jakarta
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Defining, coordinating and monitoring all the IEC (Information, Education, Communication) Health Promotion activities in the project and promoting MSF services according to MSF principles, protocols and standards in order to increase the knowledge of the target population around their health, the support of preventive activities and the collaboration to improve the services.
- Analyze CONTEXT of the project for comprehensive understandings related to culture, traditions, habits, health perception, competitors, constraints, pitfalls, and ways forwards, along with assessment of knowledge of the target groups on a health risk, covering school youths and out-of-school youths including KP.
- Set priorities of the HP program by considering COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT (through common platforms such as PKPR, UKS, PR, Poskestren and community-owned youth spaces, etc.) and development of YOUTH CADRES. Keep the HP STRATEGY and related activity indicators UPDATED, in order to comply with ‘new normal’ living standards in Covid-19 pandemic and post-pandemic; and partly by using digital HP (Health Promotor).
- Supervise CHP team and Counselor educator
- Liaising with order relevant actors (national and international NGOs, authorities) also involved in prevention activities, analyzing interventions, and building cooperative relationships and advocacy, in order to enhance the influence of the campaign and messages and to improve awareness among the targeted population.
- Planning and supervising the HR associated processes (recruitment, training, evaluation, development, and HR administration and internal communication include capacity building) of the IEC / HP staff and Counselor educator of the project.
- Review, analyze, and revise if necessary, the contents of IEC MATERIALS (MoH or MSF ones) to have complied with the socio-epidemiological context of the project target areas. And focus on/ choose the most appropriate key messages which are contextually and culturally relevant.
- Demonstrate skills in qualitative methodology, to conduct necessary assessments in the populations. Lead FOCUS GROUP DISCUSSIONS. Monitor the implementation of DIGITAL HP with target groups.
- Lead to contribute HP DATA in the monthly reports (SitReps, statistical reports, etc.).
- Ensure regular collaboration and coordination with the MSF MEDICAL TEAM, to guarantee that the HP is part of medical activities and contribute to the medical objectives of the project.
- LIAISE with other relevant actors (authorities, taskforces, national and International NGOs, other key stakeholders, etc.) in prevention activities, analyzing interventions and building cooperative relationships/networks and advocacy, in order to enhance the influence of the campaigns and messages and to improve awareness among the targeted populations.
- Essential, university degree in social sciences, social communication, health promotion or Related studies
- Essentials, 7 years of previous working experience in related jobs (health promotion, project coordination, social research). Desirable, previous experience in humanitarian aid
- Experience in qualitative research is a plus.
- Language Level;
- Understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialization.
- Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
- Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
- MSF is promoting equal opportunities and outcomes in employment for gender equality and the inclusion of – people with disabilities.
- MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such, MSF is by choice of an association. Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF
How to apply
Please send your application: Cover Letter, Updated Curriculum Vitae including three (3) name, email address, of relevant references, and salary expectation to Human Resource – MSF Indonesia via email: firstname.lastname@example.org and should indicate “IEC/HP Manager” on the email subject.