GIZ Job Vacancies 2020
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German public-benefit federal enterprise. GIZ works worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and has over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including RE and EE in ASEAN. The cooperation between ASEAN and Germany focuses on the fields of climate change and environment, regional economic integration as well as institutional capacity development.
In the energy sector, GIZ supports the introduction and deployment of renewable energy (RE) and energy efficiency (EE) in the partner region through methodological approach, technical and financial competence and enable partner organizations to move towards a sustainable energy supply using their own potential.
The ASEAN-German Energy Programme (AGEP) II is commissioned by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH in close cooperation with the ASEAN Centre for Energy (ACE). AGEP II is based at ACE office in Jakarta and the overall objective of the AGEP II is to strengthen ACE in its role as a regional centre of excellence for sustainable energy through various measures such as:
- Supports ACE to provide innovative services to promote sustainable energy
- Improves collection and digital processing of socio-economic and energy-specific data
- Implements activities related to ACE organisational development
The programme is implemented from July 2019 up to June 2022 with the indicators to reach the objective are defined as follows:
- One ASEAN Energy Outlook (AEO), including 4 recommended actions of reduction of greenhouse gas emission has been approved by asean Ministers of Energy Meeting (AMEM). One recommendation or more developed by the Project activities in the areas of RE or EE&C is approved by the respective Sub-Sector Networks (SSNs), Senior Officials Meeting on Energy (SOME) or ASEAN Ministers on Energy Meeting (AMEM).
- Two data collection and processing handouts have been approved by SOME.
- A long-term business plan with a proposal for sustainable financing mechanism is available for the approval of the ACE Governing Council.
For this reason, AGEP II seeks a qualified Indonesian candidate for the following positions:
The internship is to support the implementation of AGEP II project activities mainly on research and finalisation of technical documents. The internship program will provide hands-on practical experience on the working environment in international cooperation. It can also broaden his/her understanding on energy development issues in the ASEAN region.
Under direct supervision by the Data and Knowledge Management Advisor, the Intern shall support in the preparation and implementation of AGEP II project activities in coordination with Advisors and the Partners (ACE and AMS), namely:
- Activities to support the implementation of the programme output, namely:
- ACE provides innovative services to promote sustainable energy;
- Improved collection and digital processing of socio-economic and energy-specific data in AMS;
- Selected actions of ACE’s organizational development plan are implemented
- Communications and Public Relations (PR)
- Activities’ Monitoring and Evaluation, including gender analysis
ASEAN Country Profiles Development Support
Intensively support the development of ASEAN Country Profiles which consist of energy-related development information of the ten (10) AMS;
Data and Knowledge
Assist on project’s data and knowledge management including, among others, activity milestones, information collection-structuring-storing;
Communications and PR
Support the developments of communications and visibility products/activities, such as but not limited to, for social media, websites, and newsletters;
Monitoring and Evaluation
Support the post-event’s evaluation, analysis and compilation (e.g. feedback results, gender composition, participations, or other specific topics);
Under the AGEP II activities, some workshops, trainings, study trips, and other events are scheduled in advance prior to the events. As such, the Intern shall support the AGEP team in preparing working documents for the events (if any) and participate in the planning and organisation process of the events as assigned;
The Intern shall also assist the team in performing administrative duties and other tasks as assigned by AGEP II.
In addition to the above-mentioned activities, the project may assign new/additional tasks based on future activities foreseen and ongoing developments in the project.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (or final year University Student) in engineering, economics, international relations, communications, social science or other relevant field;
- Basic knowledge on ASEAN, its activities and cooperation;
- Basic knowledge and familiarity on RE and EE&C technology;
- Knowledge on communications and designs will be an advantage
- Experience in conducting desk research
- Experience in working on data management and analysis
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Good communication, organisational and information management skills;
- Good command of Ms. Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word);
- Experience with picture editing software/application is an advantage;
- Proficiency in English and very good writing skills;
- Ability to work in a team and to adapt to an international working environment.
Please be informed that you are only allowed to apply for this internship, if you are currently enrolled as a student or graduated no longer than one year ago.
Duty Station: Jakarta
Joining Date: September 2020
Period of Contract: 6 months
Direct Supervisor: Team Leader of AGEP II project
Please submit your motivation letter and comprehensive resume (including trainings and list of references)to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 7th , 2020 with subject line AGEP II – Internship.
Please name your file as follow format: [Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa _Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa _Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified