Plan International Indonesia Job Vacancies 2020
Yayasan Plan International Indonesia is presently implementing it’s country strategic 4 (CS 4) covering the fiscal year 2017 to 2022, where the country objective has been defined as “to identify and facilitate the removal of obstacles that prevent children from enjoying their rights and participating fully in Indonesian society”. The organization’s purpose is to “strive for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls”. This goal will be achieved by providing technical support and implementing quality programs and projects through partnership. An effective and efficient communications strategy is a must for Plan Indonesia to share the outcomes of these projects to influence different actors, especially state authorities, and to position Plan’s profile within and outside at different levels – starting from community, sub-district, district to national, regional and international levels. Yayasan Plan International Indonesia invites highly competent, experienced and committed professionals to fill the following position:
Adolescent and Agency Program Manager – Jakarta Based
Adolescent Health and Agency (AHA) Programme Manager will play a key role in ensuring the achievement of the program objectives which relates to the prevention of child marriage and risky behaviors, promotion of Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights, and development of girl’s leadership. S/he is accountable for the successful implementation of projects in the AHA Programme and growing the program portfolio. S/he will support the Programme Director and the country leadership team in striving to strengthen YPII’s position as one of the leading organizations working to promote girls’ rights and agency.
Dimensions of the Role
Reporting to Programme Director, The Programme Manager/Thematic Lead will be responsible to design, plan and oversee the management of projects in Adolescent Health and Agency theme, provide oversight for Plan Indonesia’s project under the thematic area as well as contribute to strategic direction for program development and resource mobilization. The post will be reporting to the Programme Director. Key Responsibility areas are as follows:
- Program planning, design, and development: design and plan projects under adolescent health, including sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) and gender equality thematic area, liaise with Business Development Unit and Fundraising Department for resource mobilization; Aligning the projects design and implementation with Plan International principles gender transformative.
- Oversight of project management: ensuring effective project management by providing oversight and supervision to project managers/specialist to maintain the delivery of appropriate technical, operational and financial outputs (spending and delivery), overall monitoring of the progress of projects implemented under the program as per the country priority and AoGD; ensuring effective measure to comply with Plan International and donor policies and guidelines.
- Advocacy and influencing: lead the advocacy and influence of Plan Indonesia’s thematic area of expertise to inform policies, enrich CSOs discussions, strategic engagement with private sectors, and public opinion contributing to the effort to build Plan Indonesia’s thought leadership in child rights and equality for girls.
Reporting and knowledge management: ensuring quality of project reports, evaluation and monitoring; participate, and contribute to the reporting process at the country level as an effort to document lessons learned, and knowledge products for information sharing and advocacy.
Partnership and people management: Maintaining effective working relationships with partners, Plan International Offices, Global and Regional hub, as well as maintaining good teamwork for efficient team.
Quality Adolescent Health Programming
- Leads the process of design, identification of strategic direction, and partnership on the theme of Adolescent Health and Agency programming, focusing on adolescent girls and prevention of harmful practices and risky behavior.
- Leads and coordinates the support for Plan Indonesia’s thematic strategy in Adolescent Health and Agency, ensuring quality and alignment with Plan International Areas of Global Distinctiveness (AoGDs) on Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health, and national wide thematic focus for the Programme.
- Keeps abreast of the latest trends and development on adolescent health, including reproductive health and rights, girls’ leadership and agency and prevention of risky behaviors among youth in Indonesia, by taking into account the context of Indonesia social and cultural context as well as positioning of gender transformative approach in programming.
- Provides supports to Plan Indonesia’s Emergency Response should the needs arise within the capacity and expertise.
Program Planning, Design, and Development
- Develops projects under programme thematic area, liaise with the Business Development Unit and Fundraising Department for resource mobilization for targeted donors.
- Provides supervisions and technical advisory during program/project development and acquisition process.
- Aligns the projects design and implementation with Plan International principles on gender transformative and Programme Influencing and Quality Performance (PIQP).
Oversight of Project Management
- Provides oversight and technical inputs to the project implementation, coordination with Area Implementation Managers for projects funded by sponsorship.
- Leads the monitoring of financial management (budget planning and expenditure) of the project achieving accuracy and reliability of financial reports, in accordance with Plan Indonesia’s and donors’ standards and compliance.
- Oversee the monitoring of technical outputs from projects, to ensure the quality and governance of mobilization of goods and services to support project activities.
- Oversees the project risks and mitigation strategy as identified by project managers/national project managers, and plan for measures as well as keeps updating the Project Risk Registries.
- Lead the project closure process, audit, and transfer of project assets, ensuring compliance with Plan International policies and donor’s guidelines.
- Ensures adherence to the existing financial, procurement, and administrative processes in line with prevailing YPII rules and regulations.
Advocacy and Influencing
- Lead the advocacy and influencing of programme thematic area of expertise to inform policies, enrich CSOs discussions and public opinion contributing to the effort to build Plan Indonesia’s thought leadership in child rights and girls’ equality.
- Identifies opportunities for deepening the cooperation and collaboration with Government, NGOs, International Organizations (such as UN Agencies), and development partners on the issue of prevention of risky behavior among youth.
- Participates in Plan Indonesia and PII global and national campaigns and work with strategic partners on these issues.
- Participates and represents Plan Indonesia in national and international platforms or conferences should this opportunity arise.
Reporting and Knowledge Management
- Ensures that all projects have an integrated Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (MER) Framework, through coordination and working together with MER Coordinator/Specialist to design the framework.
- Supervises and provides technical overview to ensure the quality and timely submission of periodic reporting requirements (quarterly and annually) as per Plan Indonesia’s and donor’s reporting schedule.
- Provides oversight to monitor the implementation of projects by using agreed monitoring tools, in the M&E Framework, supervise and monitor the baseline, midline, and end line reporting process for ensuring the feedback loops.
- Plans, coordinates and oversees the development of quality knowledge products as part of learning and strengthening Plan Indonesia’s thought leadership in Adolescent Health and Agency.
- Ensures quality standards of document keeping, retrieval, and sharing mechanism.
Communication, Partnership, and People Management
- Establishes good practice of partnership management aligning with Plan International Guidelines for Building Better Partnership, from partner assessment process to monitoring the partnership agreement promoting mutual accountability and compliance.
- Leads and coordinates the Programme in ensuring coordination with government stakeholders (Ministry of Women Empowerment and Child Protection, Ministry of Health, Bappenas, Provincial Offices), as well establishes new strategic partnership with relevant stakeholders on the thematic issues (sexual and reproductive health and rights, prevention of risky behavior and harmful practices) at national and regional level.
- Adheres to RACI (Responsibility, Accountability, Consult and Inform) in decision making and communication in the implementation of projects.
- Be the focal person for the contact with Regional and Global Hub for Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights and Child Early and Forced Marriage, establishes good network, and exchange learning and ideas with other Plan International Country and National Offices and Regional Offices.
- Safeguarding Children and Young People (Safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GESI)
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in project design, during implementation, and as principles applied in day-to-day work.
- Participates actively in capacity building and learning events on Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion.
- Submits required documentation (reports, checklists, action plans) to implement policy, standards, and approach on Safeguarding and GESI.
- Understands and puts into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GESI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), ensuring that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
The post holder will manage project managers under AHA Programme. S/he is expected to interact closely with other Programme Managers, Programme Implementation Area Managers, Influencing team and Operations teams (especially Finance and Logistics & Procurement), and technical specialists/advisors. S/he will also be part of the Plan’s regional and global network on the prevention of Child Early and Forced Marriage (CEFM) and relevant national alliances and networks. S/he will play a key role in maintaining YPII’s relationship with key government officials from relevant ministries (e.g. Women’s Empowerment and Child Protection, Ministry of Health, BKKBN) and donors.
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
- At least an undergraduate degree in public health, social sciences, gender studies, economy, psychology, social welfare, international relations, and relevant field in human resources development.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in managing projects relevant to sexual reproductive health, adolescent health, gender equality, including budget management, monitoring and evaluation, and quality project reporting. Experience working on development programme on public health issues is a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years experienced working in coordination with governments, local NGOs and INGOs within the area of sexual reproductive health and rights, gender equality and youth empowerment.
- Demonstrated experience in project design and proposal development.
- Demonstrated knowledge in international development tools: program logic, monitoring, and community empowerment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of gender transformative approach, gender-based violence, child rights, and inclusion.
- Affinity to work with and for children and young people.
- Understanding of Indonesia Government policies, laws, and institutions in gender equality, health, and youth empowerment sector/field.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Ability to provide technical guidance and support staff.
- Ability to function efficiently and effectively with little day-to-day supervision.
- Demonstrated skills in problem-solving and people’s management.
- Master’s Degree in the relevant field.
- 10 years of experience working in the field of adolescent and youth, gender equality, and/or public health.
- Demonstrated experience in working with children and youth.
- Experience in managing programs on sexual reproductive health and rights.
- Demonstrated experience in policy advocacy.
- Demonstrated experience in applying child protection and safeguarding policies.
All applications will be treated in confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews. Please Click Here and submit your letter of application and detailed curriculum vitae in English not later than September 04, 2020