Rainforest Foundation Norway Job Vacancies 2020
Rainforest Foundation Norway (RFN) is looking for a partnership and capacity development officer, who can contribute to strengthening the project management and political impact of RFN’s works in Indonesia. We are looking for an individual with expertise and passion for joining us to protect the rainforest.
Based in Jakarta, Indonesia, this position will contribute to strengthening the capacity of RFN partners. This position will also support in developing and reviewing the partners’ internal control system and providing support to the partners’ overall project management, including but not limited to, financial assessments, reporting, and capacity development plans.
This position will assist partners in participating effectively in RFN’s collaborative project monitoring and evaluation system. Additional responsibilities include working with Oslo-based RFN staff responsible for partnership development in Indonesia by providing a synthesis of all grants and their intersectionality in terms of project management.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Ensure the development and implementation of the internal control system by the RFN partners following the guidelines and promptly.
- Support the supervisor by providing a synthesis on partners’ financial and organizational assessments, developing and following-up partners’ capacity development plans.
- Work with the supervisor to conduct monitoring, evaluation, and research activities, including coordinating and facilitating data collection activities with local partners.
- Work closely and maintain a good relationship with the Indonesia RFN Team, local partners, and related national and regional stakeholders.
- Other tasks related to project management and research, including organizing training for partners.
- A bachelor’s degree with at least five years of experience in project management, monitoring and evaluation, development studies, and gender. A graduate degree is preferred.
- Ability to provide solutions to management challenges of full financial transparency and accountability.
- Familiarity with financial management systems, the result framework matrix, monitoring, and evaluation software, donor’s reporting requirements, rights-based approach, Free Prior, and Informed Consent principles, and gender.
- Experience working with or within the Indonesian civil society community. Working experience in Eastern Indonesia, particularly in Papua, is desirable.
- Understand the cycle of project development and management, including reporting.
- Demonstrated skills in negotiation and conflict resolutions.
- Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia (native speaker) and English and have a high quality of writing skills in both languages.
- Ability to work in teams as well as independently with minimal supervision. Experience in a multi-cultural environment is a plus.
- Familiar with Indonesia’s forest and climate policies and actions, as well as the key actors on reducing deforestation in Indonesia.
- Able to travel extensively to project sites.
Please submit a letter of interest with resume/curriculum vitae, including contact information to Sinta Lestari (email@example.com).
The application deadline is 08-September-2020.