HIVOS Southeast Asia Job Vacancies 2020
Hivos is an international organization that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power, and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources. Our primary focus is achieving structural change. This is why we cooperate with innovative businesses, citizens, and organizations. We share a dream with them of sustainable economies and inclusive societies. For its Hivos seeks qualified candidates for the position of:
- Title: Consultant for Book and Infographics Production
- Duty Station: Jakarta, Indonesia
- Report to: GIE Regional Advocacy Officer
- Duration: September to October 2020
Hivos Southeast Asia is an International non-governmental organization guided by humanist values. It aims at structural poverty alleviation with a strong focus on civil society building and sustainable economic development. Hivos Southeast Asia provides financial support for local NGOs, is active in networking, lobbying, and exchanging knowledge and expertise. Hivos opts for 100 percent renewable energy, worldwide. Hivos believes energy is a vital driving force for development. Access to energy can alleviate poverty, improve living conditions and propel economic development. However, continuing along the fossil fuel route to harmful climate change will have disastrous effects, especially for developing countries. Hivos would much rather stimulate sustainable development fueled by clean energy.
Strategic Partnership Green and Inclusive Energy is a program that is initiated by Hivos, supported by the Netherlands’ Government, to enable more civil society organizations to do lobby and advocacy in the area of Green and Inclusive Energy. The program was started in 2016, wherein Indonesia, it involves three national CSOs as the core team of the program, and designed to outreach non-energy CSOs, media, and the wider public, including the Government on Green and Inclusive Energy. The three national organizations are Institute for Essential Services Reform (IESR), Koalisi Perempuan Indonesia, and Yayasan Lembaga Konsumen Indonesia (YLKI) which have different target groups and beneficiaries in different areas, mainly in Central Java and Jakarta.
We believe that to make public raise their awareness about green and inclusive energy is by implementing three modules: to protect the environment; educate the public through information campaigns, and support the sustainability of activities run by the community. Therefore, in order to disseminate the learning materials and communication tools about green and inclusive energy to the public, Hivos plans to produce a package of printed and digital books and infographics.
The digital and printed books and infographics will consist of studies and position papers written on renewable energy topics. We want to keep increasing the public’s awareness of green and inclusive energy far into the future, and encouraging the policymakers to take further steps to support the energy sector, making green and inclusive energy to be reality in Indonesia.
To do so, we are seeking a consultant to produce books and infographics for Strategic Partnership Green and Inclusive program
The overall task of the consultant is to produce books and infographics both in digital and printed forms.
The objectives of the books and infographics aim:
- To disseminate information and raise awareness on green and inclusive energy to the public and policymakers as their learning materials about implementation and best practices
- To maintain the engagement between the public and Hivos
A package of products which consist of the following items:
- Books design and printing of 3 studies
- Infographics design and printing of 1 paper and 1 case study
- Individual, team or organizations are eligible to apply
- Based in Jakarta
- Proven experience in producing high-quality books and infographics design and printing
- Demonstrated knowledge and material specification of promotional products
Demonstrated ability to accomplish the production results within deadlines
- Experience in designing graphics content in renewable energy topics is an advantage
How to apply
Interested applicants should send:
- CVs and portfolio of the individual and/or the team or company.
- Samples of books and infographics in Bahasa and English –digital and printed
All document to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 8th, 2020 with email subject: SPGIE Book & Infographic Production
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.