IUWASH Job Vacancies 2020
(Job Code: STTA/JLGD_JKT)
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-and-a-half-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities, and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
- An increase of 1,100,000 people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
- An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector, and government WASH service provision.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber candidates to fill the position of Short-Term Technical Assistance (STTA) for Junior Layout/Graphic Designer – Jakarta/National Office (Job Code: STTA/JLGD-JKT)
The Junior Layout/Graphics Designer will work under the direction of the USAID IUWASH PLUS National Coordinator for Project Communication as part of the Project Communication Team within the Advocacy and Communication (component 4) Team. In general, he/she must have the ability to handle the layout and design of USAID IUWASH PLUS technical reports and knowledge products, as well as providing technical assistance in graphic design and document formatting for all USAID IUWASH PLUS publications.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The tasks and responsibilities of the Junior Layout/Graphics Designer will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Support the development and production of USAID IUWASH PLUS technical reports, publications, signature programs, and other knowledge product;
- Support the development and production of USAID IUWASH PLUS digital materials, including video and other IEC materials for social media;
- Provide technical assistance in graphic design and creative insights for all USAID IUWASH PLUS communications materials;
- Work closely with the Graphics/Layout Specialist to ensure the layout and design of the reports, publications, signature programs, and other knowledge products have the same style and quality;
- Ensure compliance with ADR 320 branding and marking guidelines of USAID, and USAID IUWASH PLUS Style Guide, for all USAID IUWASH PLUS products;
- Receive technical guidance from the National Coordinator for Project Communication.
Minimum General Qualifications:
- A minimum of bachelor’s or diploma degree in visual art major or visual communication design major or similar;
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience working in visual communication design or a similar role. Having experience in working in non-profit institutions or development projects such as USAID projects is an asset;
- Having skills and experience in using various design software, most preferably Adobe Graphic Design. Having additional skill on using MS Word for report layout is highly desirable;
- Creative, attention to detail and ability to work in a team;
- Reachable during working days and easy to communicate, including attending meetings if necessary;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines with quick turnarounds.
Expected Start Date: October 2020
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_plus_recruitment@dai.com before September 11, 2020. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.