ALERTAsia Foundation Job Vacancies 2020
The Eijkman-Oxford Clinical Research Unit (EOCRU) in Jakarta opened in 2008 with the signing of a memorandum of understanding between the Eijkman Institute for Molecular Biology and the University of Oxford, to conduct collaborative research on infectious diseases impacting the health of Indonesians and residents of other Southeast Asian nations. University of Oxford also has a partnership (MoU) with Universitas Indonesia, and they jointly established the Universities of Indonesia and Oxford Clinical Research Laboratory (IOCRL) which is a facility dedicated to supporting collaborative clinical research between the universities. EOCRU is also part of the Oxford Tropical Network with research units in Africa, Asia, and UK, and operates under the auspices of the Oxford University Clinical Research Unit in Vietnam.
Clinical trials of chemotherapeutics, diagnostics, and vaccines for tropical infections of public health importance in Indonesia, principally malaria, tuberculosis, antimicrobial resistance, and other emerging and neglected tropical diseases, form the core of EOCRU’s activities, with associated epidemiological, laboratory, and clinical research. EOCRU aims to have a positive and significant impact on the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of infectious diseases to improve patient care in Indonesia and the region. This is being achieved via an expanding long-term research program with our local hosts and partners, contributions to research training, and public engagement with science. Current EOCRU core staff includes 3 Oxford-employed expatriate scientists, 10 Indonesian scientists, 6 administrative and finance support staff, and approximately 30 clinical trials support staff.
In conducting their work in Indonesia, EOCRU is assisted by Alliance for Emerging and Re-emerging Disease Threats in Asia Foundation (ALERTAsia), a local foundation assisting in research grant management and capacity building for local researchers.
Through ALERTAsia we are seeking a qualified and experienced Site Study Physician. S/he plays an important supporting role in the conduct of the clinical work for studies under the supervision of the Clinical Trial Operations Manager and will also work closely with the local study team.
The selected candidate will receive a three months’ contract and, if can show professionalism and work dedication, a possibility to receive a long term contract and remuneration package that includes annual leave, sick leave, THR, optional private medical cover, BPJS Kesehatan, and not to mention fully paid income tax and BPJS Ketenagakerjaan (JAMSOSTEK). The salary shall be competitive and dependent upon qualifications and salary history.
- Organise clinical trial activities at the site and supervise the study team (health workers, nurse) daily clinical trial-related activities.
- Carry out clinical activities as scheduled in the protocol, including but not limited to obtains Informed Consents, performs a physical examination, checks vital signs and symptoms, performs ECG examination, and draws blood sampling for laboratory tests.
- Conduct screening on the potential participants, based on inclusion and exclusion criteria stated in the protocol.
- Visit study participants at their houses or workplace in a timely manner to monitor their health or to conduct any necessary follow-ups, as required by the protocol.
- Report and discuss immediately in case of SAE to a clinical safety physician or relevant PIC.
- Provide primary healthcare management or first aid to study participants experiencing AE/SAE related to the study intervention.
- Arrange the evacuation of study participants with SAE and any case of medical emergency occurrence, to the referral hospital.
- Report and discuss all progress of clinical work of research activities to the site clinical coordinator.
- Document and report any protocol deviation occurred during the study period in a timely manner.
- Ensure clinical trial activities at the site are conducted in accordance with the latest version of the clinical trial protocol, Good Clinical Practice (GCP), Cara Uji Klinik yang Baik (CUKB), and other applicable local regulations and requirements.
- If required, contribute to data management and analysis of clinical trial results.
- Medical doctor with demonstrable experience of at least 1-year duration in one or more of the job descriptions outlined above;
- Excellent written English and Bahasa Indonesia, with proven ability to research and write accessible;
- Actual or near fluency in spoken English and Bahasa Indonesia;
- Previous research experience;
- Computer literacy and proficiency;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrate a high level of organization skills and attention to detail.
- Experience in performing a research or had involved in research;
- Experience with statistical software (e.g. SPPS, STATA) is advantageous;
- Experience with qualitative research software is advantageous (RA will be taught to operate NVivo™ software).
Jakarta and Clinical Trial Site (NTT)
How to Apply
Application requirements (Cover Letter, CV, three names and addresses of professional referees, and your salary history) should be sent via email to: email@example.com. Please quote the reference “Site Study Physician” on your email subject.
Please submit your application not later than Sunday, 13 September 2020, 24:00 p.m.