Nutrition International Job Vacancies 2020
- Employment Type: Project, Full Time
- Title: Advocacy and Communications Officer, BISA
- Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
- Deadline for submission: September 20, 2020
At Nutrition International, we make a difference, because nutrition is the difference.
Woven into the very fabric of our approach is the passion and drive of our team of over 400 people, working in 13 offices across 11 countries with one common goal: transforming the lives of people who need it most through improved nutrition.
This position is under Better Investment for Stunning Alleviation (BISA) program. By 2024, the BISA program mission is to prevent and reduce stunting – with a focus on women, adolescent girls, and children – by improving their nutritional status.
If you are a motivated and passionate individual who shares our conviction that a better world is possible through improved nutrition, wants to leave the world a little better than they found it, and is looking to be part of a global team with a clear vision, we want to hear from you. Please consider applying for the position below.
Know our team
Nutrition International’s Operations unit is a dedicated team of program implementation experts who are responsible for contributing to the overall management of NI’s field operations in Asia and Africa. The advocacy and communications team has a key role to play in achieving the goal of the BISA project by creating an enabling environment where BISA can increase its visibility, influence, and ultimately mobilize greater resources for nutrition. Reporting to the Deputy Chief of Party, the Advocacy and Communications Officer will play a key role in conceptualizing and executing the project’s advocacy and communications strategy to position BISA as a key nutrition program in Indonesia.
You are a creative and enthusiastic communication and advocacy professional with extensive experience in creating communications and policy advocacy products or have held such roles in the past and have experience in working with key partners, governments, NGO/CSOs, and the private sector in managing and implementing multiple projects to ensure high-quality nutrition programming in Indonesia. Located in Jakarta, with a passion for writing, you have an excellent ability to develop internal and external partnerships, have engaged with media to garner stories which influence and build the nutrition profile in Indonesia, have single-handedly or with a team managed advocacy events, and have collaborated with NGOs, UN agencies, etc. or similar organizations working on public health and nutrition-related programs.
About the role
In this role you will be responsible to support the Deputy Chief of Party with the following:
- Planning and implementation of advocacy and communication tasks and events for BISA programs;
- Advocacy and liaising with the government and relevant organizations;
- Identify and create opportunities for external communication to highlight the program progress and successes;
- Lead and support the development of compelling advocacy products;
- Support external meetings with key advocacy targets;
What we offer
- A competitive market pay, comprehensive health and benefits package, and support for learning and development opportunities. We offer a collaborative and engaging work environment.
- This is a full-time project position located in Jakarta, Indonesia. We thank you for your interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Nutrition International is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive, equitable, and accessible work environment. Please note that all our offers are conditional subject to appropriate screening and satisfactory reference checks.
For more detailed information about the role, please click on the attached Job description and click on the apply button below.
How to apply?
Nutrition International is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free work environment and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
To apply please visit: CLICK HERE
The closing date for receiving applications is September 20, 2020. Only short-listed candidates will receive an acknowledgment and will be called for personal interactions. The starting salary for this position is Rp 213,597,938 per annum
Telephone inquiries WILL NOT be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those chosen to participate in the interview process will be contacted.