GIZ Job Vacancies 2020
As a part of Indonesia – German Cooperation in reducing emission from forestry sector as well as improving livelihood of rural communities a project name Peatland Management and Rehabilitation has been implemented. The project aims to develop the planning and implementation capacities to rehabilitate peat ecosystem and mangrove forest in Kayan Sembakung Delta. The module combines policy and capacity development measures. Activities are implemented at the macro-meso and micro levels (pilot measures are used here as well). Policy advice is one area in which close cooperation at National level with the Environment and Forestry Ministry is pursued.
The project expected to deliver the several basic outputs as follows:
- Integrated planning processes for the protection and sustainable management of peat ecosystems and mangrove in Kayan Sembakung Delta Area.
- Improved peat and wetlands ecosystems land use system/practices.
- Results from applied research and documented field experiences will be distributed at local, national and international levels.
For this reason, PROPEAT seeks a qualified Indonesian candidate for the following position: Intern for Knowledge Management
Support the Peatland Management and Rehabilitation project in developing documentation for biodiversity of mangrove and peatland in North Kalimantan.
- Assist the Knowledge Management advisor in collecting data from technical advisors regarding the biodiversity of peatland and mangrove in North Kalimantan;
- Assist in writing the book of biodiversity of mangrove and peatland in North Kalimantan;
- Assist in organizing the Tropical Peat Forest Conference;
- Provide translation for the biodiversity documentation from English to Bahasa and vice versa;
- Participate in the planning, execution and documentations of meetings, workshops, training, seminars and other events related to biodiversity of peatland and mangrove in the scope of the project;
- Prepare and send minutes of the regular meeting on biodiversity of peatland and mangrove to the team members.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Fresh graduate with Bachelor of Science degree in Forestry or its equivalent.
- Voluntary experience in international organization that works on biodiversity and forestry;
- Basic knowledge of peatland and mangrove biodiversity;
- Good oral and written communications in English and Indonesia;
- Good conceptual, inter-personal, communication, negotiation, co-ordination, facilitation and representation skills;
- Knowledge and skills about digitalization;
- Strong interest to work on issues related to gender, natural resource management, and aquaculture.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Good communication, organisational and information management skills;
- Intercultural understanding are additional advantages;
- Self-motivated with time and stress management skills and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Good command of Ms. Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word);
- Experience with picture editing software/application is an advantage;
- Proficiency in English and very good writing skills;
- Ability to work in a team and to adapt to an international working environment.
The internship is available for college or university student or graduated not longer than one year after graduation from a college or university
Please be informed that you are only allowed to apply for this internship, if you are currently enrolled as a student or graduated not longer than one years ago.
- Duty Station: Jakarta
- Working Hours: 5 working days per week, 8 working hours per day
- Expected Joining Date: September 2020
- Duration of Internship: 3 months
- Reporting to: Knowledge Management and Communication Advisor
- Remuneration: The intern will in accordance with GIZ regulations receive a cost-of-living stipend intended to cover living expenses and accommodation if the intern basically resides outside Jakarta.
Interested candidates shall submit comprehensive resume and a motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org before September 18th, 2020
Please put: PROPEAT – IKM as your email subject and name the files using following format: [Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa _CV or Nakula Sadewa _Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa _Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified