PALLADIUM JOB VACANCIES 2020
Palladium is a leader in developing and delivering positive impact. Our solutions transform lives, businesses, communities, society and economies, creating enduring value.
The Palladium Group is recruiting a Senior Technical Advisor to support the implementation of USAID-funded Health Policy Plus (HP+) private sector engagement project activities in Indonesia. This position is based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
The HP+ portfolio in Indonesia includes activities that support the Government of Indonesia to adopt and implement the non-infrastructure public-private partnership (PPP) ministerial regulation, including facilitating partnerships to be formed between the public and private sectors. The Private Sector Senior Technical Advisor (PS STA) will work with other HP+ staff and consultants to support the policy adoption process. Concurrently, PS STA will lead in working with public and private sector stakeholders in the design of PPPs in health. Tasks include: facilitating public and private communication and collaboration; consultations with key public sector entities to surface health sector priorities that could be addressed by the private sector; and drawing in private sector actors to realize partnerships for improved access to, and quality of, health services. PS STA will also oversee the organizational development of private sector partner, to ensure vibrant private sector market that is able to respond to public health needs.
The PS STA will work with the US- and Jakarta-based HP+ teams to ensure consistent progress in workplan activities with the aim to deliver products in a timely manner, provide high-level technical assistance to the Government of Indonesia, draw in appropriate technical resources to fulfill or advise on specialized PPP analyses, write reports and technical briefs to inform relevant audiences, and hold meetings and workshops with key stakeholders. The PS STA will be required to liaise with USAID/Indonesia, Government of Indonesia, Palladium in-country and headquarters staff, and other stakeholders on a routine basis in coordination with the Country Director.
- Implement private sector activities within the HP+ Indonesia program, ensuring timely completion of workplan deliverables.
- Inform, guide, and/or advise the Government of Indonesia counterparts on public-private partnership mechanisms in health.
- Assess, identify, and engage private sector stakeholders at national and subnational levels and bring them together with public sector actors to structure PPPs at the national and sub-national levels in health.
- Source and manage consultants/firms to conduct specialized analyses such as development of business cases and investment due diligence, performing financial and other analyses on the private sector investment opportunity in health.
- Collect relevant data, analyze, and develop products including technical reports, policy briefs, and Power Point presentations.
- Participate in and/or prepare necessary technical and program-related reports.
- Liaise with government counterparts, USAID, and other key stakeholders, as needed, to ensure smooth project implementation.
- Supervise, guide, and mentor the Private Sector Program Officer to execute project activities.
- Participate and represent the organization as needed in outside associations, conferences, and symposia.
- Masters in Business, Economics, Biostatistics, Public Policy, Public Health, or International Development, with at least 8 years of direct post-graduation hands-on experience in health in Indonesia preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge around private health sector, public-private partnerships, and private investments in health, including how the partnerships are structured including, but not limited to, from a legal, regulatory, and business process standpoints.
- Extensive experience working with the Government of Indonesia, preferably both at the national level with the Ministry of Health as well as at the local level such as with ADINKES and APINDO
- Thorough understanding of the policy process, especially in the programming and budgeting (musrenbang) process, highly desirable.
- Experience bringing multi-sector actors to the table, facilitating communication across players, and brokering public-private partnerships or private investments in health.
- Ability to work with numerous stakeholders with varying priorities and work styles, while achieving the overall project goals.
- Strong program management skills. Attention to detail and ability to perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities effectively and efficiently often within a required timeframe.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, presentation, and organizational skills.
- USAID project experience strongly desirable.
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytic, financial, and evaluative skills.
- Professional and mature demeanor and conduct.
- Ability to respond and adapt quickly to changing requirements and competing demands.
- Ability to take initiative and respond independently to situations.
- Fluent written and spoken Bahasa and English.
Regularly required to stand or sit, and move about the facility
- Usual office working conditions free of disagreeable elements.
- Due to COVID-19, Palladium Indonesia is working from home until further notice
All applications for this position should be submitted CVs and expected salary to email@example.com, closing date Thursday, September 10th, 2020.