Yayasan Nurani Luhur Masyarakat Job Vacancies 2020
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, & Learning (Assistant coordinator)
- Reports to: Project Coordinator
- Location: MEDAN
Yayasan Nurani Luhur Masyarakat (YNLM), an Indonesian civil society organization based in Medan, has been implementing one-year mental health pilot project (MHPP), focusing on community-based rehabilitation in Helvetia Tengah in Medan and developing a Day care in the Mental Health Hospital (Rumah Sakit Jiwa Prof. Dr. Muhammad Ildrem) in Medan.
In consultation with the Project Coordinator the MEAL Specialist will lead the technical and strategic Monitoring and Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) processes for the project in Medan; design, develop and implement a MEAL system; communicate evidenced-based results internally to inform management and program decisions, program participants (beneficiaries and duty bearers) for accountability; support knowledge/capacity building about MEAL among project and partner staff on in line with project standards; assist the program staff and advisors, providing technical assistance to design and implement research studies, surveys, and evaluations; set-up beneficiary accountability mechanisms and community feedback protocols, e.g. a support the supervision, monitoring and evaluation of all projects to ensure that quality, accountability, and reporting standards are met; aggregate M&E info-data from project staff to inform program design/redesign; promote program accountability, learning and sharing among staff, partners and other stakeholders; support positive relations (stewardship) by drafting reports, stories and other communication pieces to targeted audiences as requested; and ensure compliance with branding and marketing plans.
RESPONSIBILITY AND TASK
Design, develop and implement the MEAL system
- Lead the design and development of a Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, Learning (MEAL) system/protocol using standard project tools and other M&E guidance and tools as needed
- With project coordinator, ensure proper use of the agreed MEAL system/protocols per project policies and procedures
- Provide input as requested for project design, funding proposals and budgets to ensure that MEAL activities are realistic, budgeted and in line with project guidelines/requirements
- Support the MEAL roll-out plan for each project
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Ensure the collection and analysis of accurate information and data (quantitative and qualitative), to be used in project reporting, and in decision-making for improved project performance.
- Ensure the reliable and accurate project participants counts, including required disaggregation for age and gender, and to avoid duplicate counting
- Participate in the design, implementation, and analysis of final evaluation surveys in collaboration with project staff and/or external consultants.
- Support visual results and impact reporting of projects with graphics, photos, videos, and maps. Follow project policy and best practices on the use of images and video of beneficiaries.
- Compile and provide required data for reporting project requirements
- Undertake field visits to monitor project quality, discuss results with relevant staff, and prepare reports to be shared with the project coordinator and relevant colleagues
- Work with the project team to develop data collection tools and to regularly collect quality data
- Support the project team to set up a Feedback Process to respond to complaints/concerns/feedback from beneficiaries
- Maintain the Feedback Process database; ensure participation from men and women, boys and girls
- Compile and analyze accountability data from the field on a monthly basis and share reports with the project coordinator
Learning, Knowledge Management, and Innovation
- Orient new staff to MEAL essentials
- Lead MEAL capacity building activities
- Help Project staff implement MEAL plans
- Aggregate and share information for the webpage, Facebook, Instagram etc.
- Manage communications-related consultants, such as photographers
- Help project staff a write meaningful stories for external communication about most of significant changes for individuals, communities, partnerships, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing, psychology, social science or a related field such as international development, program evaluation, research methods, statistics, communication, or other relevant social science (master’s degree is preferably)
- At least 2 years of professional experience leading MEAL systems.
- Demonstrated skills in MEAL projects in development
- 3+ years’ experience with an I/NGO and with evidence-based M&E
- Experience designing and carrying out qualitative and quantitative research and using research results in project design
- Demonstrated experience in info-data management and familiar with technologies in social research
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong written and spoken English
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary and multicultural team, to work successfully in the field, and to manage and move groups of people toward completion of activities.
- Commitment to and understanding of Organization’s aims, values and principles.
MEAL Technical Skills
- Ability to design and develop, or adapt from existing resources.
- Info-data collections tools for monitoring based on matrix results framework.
- Questionnaires for quantitative surveys and interview guides for qualitative studies.
- Tools for processing and storing info-data: create and manage databases using Excel, Access, or other similar data management platforms, and create and effectively structure survey data files.
- Know advanced techniques for random sampling, including the estimation of sample size, the calculation of weights, the calculation of the estimation errors, and confidence intervals; advanced descriptive statistics and statistical inference so as to select samples and perform appropriate statistical tests to remove the evidence of differences between results or between groups (experimental and control); and at least one statistical software such as SPSS or equivalent, preferred.
Submission of Interest
Interested candidate(s) are requested to submit the application and curriculum vitae with references to Yayasan Nurani Luhur Masyarakat (YNLM) firstname.lastname@example.org CC Siti Meilan Simbolon (Project Coordinator) email@example.com not later than September 18th 2020.
Please specify the position name you are applying for ‘MEAL_Mental Health_Your name’ in the ‘subject’ line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified